“We loved it!”
Review of Aina Nalu

Aina Nalu
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Aina Nalu! We had a two bedroom, two bath unit, with laundry, on the second floor. While I've read some complaints about cleanliness our room was very nice. We enjoyed both pools and used the barbecues. We also made good use of the cabana house. I agree with some of the reviews regarding lack of internet in the rooms, it would be nice to stay connected however there was wifi available in both the lobby and cabana.

The location was amazing! Just a short walk to fantastic Front street! The beaches in Lahaina aren't great so we usually went to Ka'anapali, Napili or Makenna, no shortage of good beaches near by!

I would have given five stars except I didn't like to pay for parking. I believe it should have been included in the price. The lots were far from full!!

Overall, we loved our time here! Staff were all very friendly and helpful!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Laurie W
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Aloha Laurie W,

thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the convenience of our location as well as use it as a home base for beach trips. Unfortunately we do not bundle the parking rate as many of our guests choose to walk or take the Maui bus instead of renting a car for their stay.

Please let me know me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

oan@outrigger.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a great time staying at Aina Nalu for 7 nights in our 2 br 2 bath ground end unit. The accommodations were perfect. My 3 year old son loved the pools and we loved being so close to Lahaina. The beach chairs and umbrella were a wonderful (and useful) surprise. We left a bucket of sand toys behind for those coming in next. The condo is ideally located just 2 blocks from Front St in Lahaina and an easy car trip to the "nice beaches" just a few miles north.

If you do your research before you book, you will love this place.

The parking situation wasn't ideal but we knew about it before hand. Street parking was fairly easy to find but it would have been nice to pay for parking at the condo on a night to night basis instead of having to pay for all nights.

Those complaining in other reviews that there is no daily maid service, room service, poolside service obviously didn't do their research. This is a condo...not a hotel.

We'll be back.

Mahalo,
Brian

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank yoc187

Aloha yoc187,

Thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We had a reserved a studio room and arrived early at 1 pm. Our room wasn't ready until 5 pm. While the location was great and the kitchenette came in handy, the first thing we noticed was the strong smell of fish. We had ants crawling in the bathroom and there was very noticeable mold growing on the wall. Service was mediocre and we were charged a mandatory $75 cleaning fee upon leaving. Must not have read the fine print as this came as a surprise. They charge if you want your room cleaned during your stay as well. I would avoid this place if possible.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jakeh3

Aloha Jakeh3,

thank you for taking the time to post a review. I apologize you did not enjoy your stay with us. Were you able to notify the Front Desk during your stay in regard to your unit conditions? This is not an acceptable standard and they would have tried to find other accommodations for you. I also apologize you were not made aware of the check out cleaning cost ahead of time.

Please contact me directly to share the information regarding your stay with us. I would like to make sure this is addressed and taken care of. Please also let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We chose this property primarily based on both TA reviews and past experience staying at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach in Waikiki.

Firstly, this is not a hotel. For all those reviews below that refer to this being not 'hotel standard', its quite clear from the booking sites and the Outrigger website, these are condominiums not hotel rooms. Therefore, there is very little service, no bellman, no real Concierge, no restaurants, no room service and certainly no pool drinks service! But if you accept all that, and book anyway, what you do get is:

Fantastic location to Lahaina, and all the restaurants/bars/shops/cafes on Front Street (maybe a 3 minute walk at most)

Full service kitchen (2 bedroom unit we had) and full laundry - very handy!

Beautiful and tastefully decorated island theme room

Choice of 2 pools and spa/whirlpool in beautiful tropical gardens

I will be very upfront about this - the WiFi is almost non-existent and the in-room high speed internet is useless if you have a MacBook unless you have a USB/Ethernet cable - be warned, bring one, or you will be frustrated. In saying that, we were on holidays and it was actually very refreshing to be disconnected! We just strolled down to Starbucks around 10 minutes walk to use their WiFi if we needed too.

We loved our stay here at Aina Nalu, the front office staff were helpful and warm - as was the security team around the pool areas. We felt totally relaxed, and very much enjoyed staying here. It was as though we had moved to the Islands for a while, and the charm of not having to battle for a lounge by the pool was awesome!

Our room was lovely and comfortable, we made use of the kitchen only for breakfast really, but if we had a family, I can see the value in having a kitchen. Whilst we didn't use the poolside BBQ, they were certainly popular! The nearest supermarket is only 10 minutes away or an ABC store inside 3 minutes as well. The Maui Bus departs frequently at other places around the island ($2 per ride) and bus stop is 3 minutes away too - why would you hire a car?

Overall, we think Aina Nalu is excellent value and can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Adrian_and_Susie

Aloha Adrian_and_Susie,

thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. I'm pleased you were able to enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for also posting your realistic tips for our future guests information. I will also pass along your comments regarding the staff.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the property very soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed forst two weeks of feb. Our fourth stay at the aina nalu . Enjoyed this stay as much as three previous. Nice grounds, pools, rooms clean and full kitchens with washer dryers in bathrooms. Staff helpful when needed. No housekeeping but that wasn't an issue for us.
We knew of and paid the $17.50 parking fee per day but were not happy that on two occasions, after long days out, we returned to our car the next morning to find notes informing us the car would be towed if the permit was not displayed. If you're charging $17.50per day per car why can't the hotel afford to just keep a log of guests cars?.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are better, more airy and brighter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank gmanfst

Aloha gmanfst,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and am pleased you returned for the 4th time.

You raise a good point in regard to the parking and I have forwarded your concern. However when the parking lot is near full it is very difficult to keep track of license plate numbers. Which is why the parking passes are currently needed.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here for a week with girlfriends and we were in a two bedroom one bath in the H building. Liked the location though no lanai. We did use the pool patio seating and tables to enjoy our dinner outside though. Good Grills available. Pools are very nice, hot tub is clean. You can definitely park in the neighborhood though I think the hotel should not be charging $17.50/day for parking. Trick in to get back to the hotel a bit early to find parking. Never once had trouble though some residents were angry with me parking in front of their house. The hotel definitely needs to rethink the parking fees. First night in go to the Safeway and get the local poke, cook up some rice (rice cooker in the room) and enjoy. Had all the amenities in the kitchen. Also if you are dying for a little beach the first day you get there walk down to front street and turn left and walk to the little beach where all the outriggers are. Walk down and just float in the water. Awesome after a long flight. If you smoke DO NOT smoke in your room, there are designated smoking areas. The guy ahead of me got slapped a hefty smoking fee. Two separate security guards saw them smoking in their room.

Room Tip: If you stay in the H building which is only 2 bd 1 ba units try to get the top floor, vaulted ceilin...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MaryMc1973
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Aloha MaryMc1973,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for noting some helpful tips for other guests. The beach area you suggested is a very convenient walk from the property.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We hope you will come back again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed in Maui for eight nights and spent first four at Aina Nalu in Lahaina. We were aware of resort fees and the fact you have to pay a fee if your require daily service etc etc so had no issues with these fees. The location for staying in Lahaina is great and is easy walk to attractions and restaurants. The resort has two great pools and we were more than happy with our room. All in all hard to fathom some of the negative reviews but if you wan't to look for faults your will no doubt find faults. Highly recommend Outrigger Aina Nalu.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Aloha richo21282,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable and honest review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

oan@outrigger.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Ocean Inn
#14 of 32 in Lahaina
Maui Seaside Hotel
Maui Seaside Hotel
#2 of 3 in Kahului

Been to Aina Nalu? Share your experiences!