We spent 3 nights in a 2 bedroom unit at Aina Nalu and had a great stay! The renovations that they have done to the rooms are fantastic - very modern and clean. The 2 bedroom units are very spacious and the full kitchens are fully stocked with dishes, appliances & utensils. We were very grateful for the dishwasher and washer & dryer in the unit.
We swam in the chlorine pool near our unit the first day and discovered the fresh water pool & hot tub on the second day - LOVED the salt water pool! It was so tranquil and had the feeling of an infinity pool surrounded by lush green grass. Particularly loved the (free) pool side cabanas! The grounds were very well maintained with a variety of flowers, palm trees & greenery. Our kids especially loved all of the geckos and were very fond of a kitty that was hanging around the property!
It is within very easy walking distance of THE famous Front Street in Lahaina, where you will find restaurants & shops right alongside the ocean. We picked up some groceries at Foodland, which was also within easy walking distance from Aina Nalu (Starbucks is located in the same strip mall : ) We loved that it was within walking distance of the shops and restaurants, but yet found the hotel to be very quiet. There is no restaurant at the hotel, nor is it necessary.
The only downsides that I can think of - Baby Beach was the closest swimming beach from what we understood, which was a bit of a hike, especially with kids in the heat! There are lots of beautiful beaches a short drive away though, so if you have a rental car, it's not a problem. The hotel itself is a bit older so it's not sound proofed. The rooms are a bit on the dark side, but that was fine with us after being in the hot sun all day. The staff overall was friendly and accommodating. There wasn't much in the way of children's programs, but hey, you're in Maui - our kids were thrilled to be at the pool every day and enjoyed hunting for geckos!
We had no problem finding parking on the street (although the hotel was not at full capacity) so this saved us the parking fees. We booked early through the hotel and used an early booking promo code that they were offering which made our stay very affordable and well worth every penny! We'd happily stay at Aina Nalu again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aina Nalu(R) Lahaina by Outrigger(R) is a very special Lahaina hotel, an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Maui's historic Lahaina Town just a short stroll from the art galleries and bistros on colorful Front Street. The award-winning design of these residential-style Lahaina hotel vacation rentals is reflected in appealing details of Asian-inspired room decor, a sleek infinity pool, an elegant poolside pavilion, and cozy garden gazebos. This private hotel condo tucked away in a quiet neighborhood setting is a serene alternative to the Lahaina hotels on the busy waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aina Nalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Resort
- Aina Nalu Resort
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Aina Nalu Maui/Lahaina