“Very nice property- walk to old Lahaina”
Review of Aina Nalu

Aina Nalu
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I loved Aina Nalu! I was upgraded to a very nice unit, was very pleasantly surprised. I could have lived there forever. Full kitchen furnished enough for a party, bath with laundry, separate bedroom and full living room. Two TV's, but this was so close to town, for a lone traveler I didn't stay much in the lovely room. Just one block to Front Street, the shops and entertainment, as well as the shuttle to take you everywhere else!

Lovely property, two large pools (one salt water), etc. The bed was so luxurious, I slept so great for the full week I was there. Did not want to leave. This was my highlight of Lahaina!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MauiWowee_60
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Aloha MauiWowee_60,

I was so excited to see how much you enjoyed the property. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As a single/lone traveler sometimes a condo might seem too large but I am happy to read you appreciated the extra space. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking future stays as we look forward to welcoming you again.

oan@outrigger.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,197)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We chose this hotel after much debate whether to stay in one of the hotels in Kaanaapali or down in Kihei. We were very glad we had chosen this hotel upon our arrival!
We were a party of 5, two couples and a 6 month old baby, we had booked a 2BD, 2BA for a three night stay and were all very satisfied.
To list the downside first, this property is more towards the mountain side of Lahaina, which means there wasn't a direct access to the beach, but it was only a few minutes walk to the Lahaina town center (where all the restaurants and shops are), and 10 minutes drive up to Kaanaapli beach strip (we also found free parking slots there which was a plus!).

Other than that, the property was clean, well-kept and quiet, which was surprising based on the few kids we saw in other parties including the baby we had in ours!
There are two pools, one salted, and the lounging area near the salt pool was nice and comfy! People with rooms around this area might get a little weary of the noise though (there were a group of younger people having a party on one of the nights), but we stayed more towards the front side of the property which was really quiet!

Location is good, easy access to most parts of the island, and the best part was (mentioned above) that we could walk to and around Lahaina without having to worry about parking (which can be a problem in Lahaina).

Overall great experience, and although I might want to try one of the hotels on the beach if we were to plan a more romantic getaway, I would most likely recommend this hotel to families, friends and basically all others who are looking for a good deal accommodation while not sacrificing clean, comfortable hotel experience.

Oh, and in the 2/2 suite we stayed in, the interior decoration was awesome, and all necessary utensils and kitchen appliances were provided and very useful!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank hannah77

Aloha hannah77,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. The proximity to the shopping, dining and activities in Lahaina is definitely something most guests can agree is convenient. Please let me know if you need assistance in booking your next stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have stayed at 2 other locations in Western Maui, but this is my favorite and this was our fifth stay, Let me give a few pointers, The studio is small, under 300 sq ft, the one bedrooms are 500, the two bedrooms are over 800 sq. ft. The upstairs rooms seem even larger due to high open ceilings, you can request those. Also many rooms have added dining tables , I recommend asking for them. The air conditioners are noisy but most of the time i find they are not required when windows are opened and fans turned on. I am annoyed at $15 parking fees and to avoid them I have done street parking and sometime parked quite far away. this year we parked in the parking lot and it was nice to avoid the hassle of looking for parking.

The best feature of Aina nalu is its location. One of our "past" Canadian Premiers was stopped and charged with exceeding blood alcohol limits while driving from Lahainna to Ka'annapalli. I enjoy wine with my evening meal, and don't have to worry about driving home since all the best Lahainna restaurants are within walking distance of Aina Nalu. 3 blocks away is front street which is arguably the most popular tourist street in Maui, with great shopping, artgalleries, restaurants, music. The beach within walking distance is great for learning to surf, and local companies can give you lessons. I am planning to try stand up paddling next time. I usually rent a car and drive to a different beach every day ( Maui has over 80 beaches).
aina-nalu has barbeque grills, and outdoor tables, I like to pick up fresh tuna, mahi mahi, or maui beef at the nearby grocery store and do some grilling. The full kitchens save money for those liking to cook or on a buget. I also pack lighter and wash cloths using the ensuite washer and dryers. There is always room to sun on padded lounges at the pools. The big hotel's pools allong Ka'annapalli beach are too overcrowded for me. Enjoy Hawaii Mahalo

Room Tip: go for bigger two bedroom, ask for dining table. Rooms close to pools are covienent but can be nois...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MauiDon1

Aloha MauiDon1,

thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed it once again. You have posted many helpful hints for first time visitors and people staying with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We just got back from our Maui vacation and while we were there, we stayed at the Outrigger Aina Nalu. The grounds are very well kept with lush, local vegetation. We had a room close to the saltwater pool and it was a very inviting and relaxing place. The room was spacious and updated. Loved the tiled shower and it was nice having a washer/dryer in the room so we could take less clothes and dry our wet towels, etc. The windows allowed for good ventilation, but also made it where we could hear every noise outside. The best part of staying here was it's proximity to so much dining and shopping. We walked to dinner almost every night. Mahalo Aina Nalu for a great stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Aloha Andy A,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the location. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The pools are awesome. Two salt water pools and one hot tub.... complete with cabanas... I'm sitting in one right now on Verizon 4G writing this from my MacBook Air :) Could life be any better ? :-)

LOL. Anyways,,.. Don't come here expecting the Ritz Carlton and a 5 star restaurant and you'll be good.

For the money, the condos are better than perfect. Living room, kitchen, washing machine/dryer, nice bathroom, nice bed.

We've been very happy with our stay here. The only complaint I can come up with is the $15/day parking fee to park in their own parking lot. When the fee is for valet in a 3rd party lot, I get it... but to park in front of your motel room/condo... always comes off a little obnoxious.

either way, this place rocks! nice scenery...walking distance to everything.

Would definitely stay here again, in a heartbeat...no questions asked, no hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex M
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Aloha from Maui,
This weekend I stayed at Outrigger Aina Nalu. It is located in Lahaina town close to lots of wonderful places to shop and eat. This visit we stopped by the new Fleetwoods, Lahaina coolers and Cool cats.

Being a resident of Maui, Hawaii I like to make it a point to do a “staycation” at least once a month. This trip was just a short 1 hour drive from my house.

Lahaina is an old whaling town and there are lots to see. It was fun to walk around on Friday evening or “art night” as they call it here on Maui. We checked out some great art, had some discount drinks at happy hour and were back to our condo within a few hours.

I really like the Aina Nalu. We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit. With this property they don’t do a certain “view type” how they categorize their rooms are by size. Studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms.

The unit was clean, well stocked and comfortable. We enjoyed their 2 pools and club house. The daily paper was nice. The only thing I didn’t like is they recently decided to no longer have daily maid service. When I vacation I do NOT want to make my bed. I hope the upper management will rethink this.

Parking is $15.00 per day. This is pretty steep if you just look at the price per day for parking, but when you factor in that you can walk to everything in Lahaina it is well worth the cost.

Marie Glodt

Room Tip: The studio units are small. Pay the extra money and stay in a 1 bedroom even if there is just 2 of y...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Aloha marieglodt,

thank you for taking the time to post a pleasant review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and saw the value in the property.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We wanted to take an extended honeymoon in May 2012 but didn't have the budget to stay at a 4-5 star hotel the entire time, so we decided to try out a condo. We were a little leery at first given the price of the Outrigger Aina Nalu was so much lower than its competitors. But fortunately we were wrong! The place was fantastic!

Our room was very clean and the decorations were simple but had the nice understated relaxing island motif. We did not run into any bed bugs or any type of bug problems. The room came with real appliances, (i.e. full-size stainless steel refrigerator, microwave, stove, full-size oven, in-room washer and dryer). We have easily saved hundreds of dollars during our stay by cooking our own food and being able to refrigerate leftovers.

The location of this property was also second to none. It's within a few minute walk to downtown Lahaina and only a few minute drive to Safeway, where we did our grocery shopping. The food in downtown Lahaina is over priced, especially Longhi's (more on that on the restaurant's dedicated review). There was also a local fruit stand about 5 blocks from the hotel on the main road. The fruit was delicious and very reasonably priced.

We spent most of our time at their pool, which was fantastic! They had grills all over the properties and people did their own grocery shopping and barbequed their own food. If you're looking for a place that's not uber fancy and just plainly want to enjoy the simple, relaxing island experience, this is the place.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the end of the property are bigger and quieter, although the property itself is in a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TammyG111
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Aloha TammyCGomez,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your honeymoon stay with us. And you have brought up some wonderful points about the property. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.

oan@outrigger.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Ocean Inn
#14 of 32 in Lahaina
Maui Seaside Hotel
Maui Seaside Hotel
#2 of 3 in Kahului

Been to Aina Nalu? Share your experiences!