Planning a wedding in Maui from Vancouver was not an easy feat! One of the best and easiest choices I made was choosing this hotel for myself and my groom, and any guests that cared to stay with us. Prior to this visit, we had already stayed at this hotel twice and wanted more....which has to say a lot. Approximately 30 people from our group were staying at this hotel for a couple of weeks around the wedding and everyone was impressed. Let me go over the ins and outs for you:
Hotel Grounds: Beautifully maintained, great pools, and Balinese style lounging huts everywhere. BBQs were great too, as most of us would meet around dinner time and eat around the pool area. BTW, there is a large cabana at the larger pool that can be rented out for $50-100 for an evening. This was great for the 'rehearsal dinner' as we had such a large group. The hotel staff were okay with open alcohol too.
Rooms: Everything you need in the kitchen, even though it might be small. Comfortable beds, which is needed after a long day of swimming/surfing. Washer and Dryer were great!!!! (My only complaint was that I rented our suite through Vacation Rental By Owner and he did not tell us that the dishwasher was not working, since you are renting directly through an owner, there is no housekeeping so we had to do all of our dishes, which really sucked around our wedding day. It would have been fine otherwise, as we paid $112 per night after taxes and everything for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom).
Location: Walking distance to many restaurants, bars, grocery stores, shops, great surfing etc... Not overly close to the great beaches, but only a 5 to 10 minute drive to some of the best. My Husband and I would usually make a lunch to go, drive to a nearby beach, then return in the late afternoon for a happy hour that we could walk to.
Overall, I knew before we left this would be the perfect place for us and our guests during our destination wedding, and it didn't disappoint. Expedia seems to be the cheapest if you want daily housekeeping, otherwise book through VRBO.com because you will get the cheapest rate by far. A couple of other guests booked that way and did not have any problems, it was only us with the broken-down dishwasher. But I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aina Nalu(R) Lahaina by Outrigger(R) is a very special Lahaina hotel, an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Maui's historic Lahaina Town just a short stroll from the art galleries and bistros on colorful Front Street. The award-winning design of these residential-style Lahaina hotel vacation rentals is reflected in appealing details of Asian-inspired room decor, a sleek infinity pool, an elegant poolside pavilion, and cozy garden gazebos. This private hotel condo tucked away in a quiet neighborhood setting is a serene alternative to the Lahaina hotels on the busy waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Vacatia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aina Nalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Resort
- Aina Nalu Resort
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Aina Nalu Maui/Lahaina