“Awesome value and location” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Aina Nalu
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Lahaina
Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome value and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed at the Aina Nalu Nov 13 - 21 with a group and all of our rooms were great. The complex is nice and modern and there is a lot of room. I noticed some rooms have better TVs than others, some have 50" flat screens while others have 32" screens. The only thing I didn't like is the $15 a day parking fee for the resort but all things considered, I know I'll be back. Our two bedroom two bathroom unit was amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the new TVs added. Some ground level units have great access to the saltwater p...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Formiga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed here in Nov of 2011 and it was great. We rented a 1 bedroom apartment and was upgraded to a 2 bedroom. Our room is bigger and nicer than any apartment I used to live in when I was younger. The kitchen was big and included a dish washer. The living room included internet and a big tv. Our bedroom was nice and also included a big tv. I liked the bathroom because the shower was huge and nice and also included a washer and dryer.
The grounds are nice. They have a couple of nice pools and cabanas to hang out in. We used the grills a couple of times and they kept the Webbers nice and clean.
They don't charge you for internet, but you have to go to the pool areas to use wifi. They are also a non-smoking grounds. I wish they would have had a spot to smoke a cigar though. I had to go for a walk to enjoy one. The things I wish they had were; grilling utensils, beach chairs and umbrella, free parking, smoking area.
Don't expect great customer service or amenities like you may get a mega resort. It's closer to using someone's apartment for a week.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hoser_71
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Just returned from our first visit to Maui ever. Stumbled upon this place while researching where to stay. The price was excellent, half to a third of many places on the island, so with the excellent review this place got on Tripadvisor we went ahead and booked. We were over and above happy with our stay. Traveling with two teenagers we chose a 2 bedroom, 2 batch condon. Lots of space for everybody, modern furniture, kitchen with just about everything, flat screen tvs in every room, celing fans and aircondition in each room, beatiful bath rooms with slate tile showers. The pool areas are wonderful with lots of sun.

Another wonderful thing about this place is it's location. 3 minute walk away from Front Street Lahaina with all it's wonderful restaurants, ice cream shops, souvenier shops, etc. Foodland grocery store is about a 5 minute walk away.

This place truly deserves a 5 star rating, the only reason I am giving it 4 is the fact that the daily cleaning is rather sloppy. Counters in both bathroom and kitchen did not seem to be wiped clean, and whether we got clean towels was a hit and miss even when we followed the rule about putting dirty towels on floor if you wanted new ones. Also a parking fee of $15 per day was an unpleasant surprise.

Would we stay here again? Absolutely.
What would I do different next time? I would pack a soft collapsable cooler bag, so we could take cold drinks and snacks with us from our appartment. The kitchen comes with tupperware, so it is easy to bring along cut up fruit and other snacks for the beach. I would also pack a small bottle of olive oil and a bit of spices, since the kitchen does not contain any of that stuff other than salt and pepper. So if you like to take advantage of the appartment's kitchen for making dinner think ahead and bring a bit of that kind of stuff. The kitchen truly has just about everything for cooking, and there are great gas BBQs by the pools. Costco by the airport has great prices on steak and seafood, so keep that in mind before you head from the airport to Lahaina.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DaneinOregon
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I love Aina Nalu. I have stayed here many times even back in the day when it was the Maui Islander. It has been updated quite nicely and the pool area is the perfect place to relax. I love the location for its walkability to dining and shopping. Nearby are many restaurants and there is a grocery store a few blocks away. Each room has a kitchen and washer and dryer which becomes handy. The only thing not in Lahaina are beaches. If that makes or breaks your stay in Hawaii, then do not choose this resort. It has never been an issue for us because you tend to be out and about driving around the islands all day anyways. At night, it is nice to be able to get home, clean up and walk to a place to dine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Phoenixroby
Bishop, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Have stayed here before mutiple times and never had a problem. I like this place because you can easily walk to downtown Lahaina for shopping or to have "adult beverages" with or without a meal. This is the first time I stayed in a one bedroom unit and found storage space in the bedroom to be non-existent. Both remotes that operated the televisions had no batteries, the toaster caught fire, and there was an infestation of ants in the bathroom upon my arrival just to name a few problems. I must point out that the staff was kind, courteous, and responded to my issues with solutions, but I was more familiar with the route to the front desk then to my room. I am certain this is not normal and I intend to return for another stay, but in a two bedroom unit.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to visit the front desk if you have problems with your room. They will be glad t...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank 8640
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

Our stay at Aina Nalu was perfect. Our 2BR, 1Bth garden room was a nice size for our family of 5. Their location allowed for fast access to the highway and allowed one to easily walk Front Street.Even able to walk to the Foodland. Beds & furniture were comfy.
Staff was very helpful-special ALOHA & MAHALO again to LaLa and Darin. The only complaint I really have is the $15/day parking rate. Kind of harsh for a place where you know everyone needs to rent a car. But, like others I found street parking nightly without too much fuss.
My only suggestion to them would be to have perhaps security chains on the doors as it is very easy for small keiki to open the door. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Staying in the Fern section gets you easy access to both pools...yet just far enough away from the a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank vacationdreamin
South Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised with the updated, comfortable room we enjoyed while in Maui. Every employee was pleasant and it was especially nice to have a laundry in the room. The only drawback is the fee to park on the property. We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family