“Fantastic Place for our Wedding Group!”
Review of Aina Nalu

Aina Nalu
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Zürich
“Fantastic Place for our Wedding Group!”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at the Aina Nalu in June for our Wedding with a total of 18 people and it was just perfect for our group.

We had rented 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartments as well as 1 bedroom apartments an all the units we got were really nice. Clean, really spacious and the furnished very nice.

I really liked the two pools and the possibility to use the BBQ at the pool or just have breakfast there.

The kitchens were well equppied so everyone of our group could decide if he wanted to eat in the room or go out.

The other thing we found just perfect for our needs was the location, Aina Nalu is just in walking distance to everything in Lahaina and there is really something for every one. It's such a charming nice town an we were really glad we had not chosen one of the "just hotel" areas like Wailea.

We would go back to the Aina Nalu and especially when you are a bigger group with lots if different interests to put together, Aina Nalu is just perfect.

Also the price is totally reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Nessa80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Shoreline, WA
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at Aina Nalu a few months ago. My husband, daughter, her friend and I in one condo, my mom and my in-laws across the hall. The location is great - close to downtown Lahaina and all the activities. It was an easy 10 min drive to the beach. There were only three aspects that we were not fond of: 1. They did not allow any "playing" in the pool. I understand no jumping and diving, but my daughter and friend had a small ball (about the size of a tennis ball) that is made specifically for the water and floats, and they were not allowed to use it. They also were not allowed to use their dive sticks. We saw many people, kids and adults alike, being reprimanded for being too loud or obnoxious, all of which seemed out of line. There are two pools, they should consider making one adult-only, and let the kids play in the other. 2. The bbq grills did not work correctly. One had no fuel, and another had an issue that made it cook incredibly slow, so there was always a line of people waiting to bbq. 3. They charge for parking. Seems like nickel and diming, why not include it in the price?

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank MRShartman
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I had a wonderful stay at Outrigger Aina Nalu in early June 2011. Check in was quick, easy and had a personal touch. The girl at the desk asked me all about my travels and where I was from. She explained the property with a map and told me of things that were nearby as well. I had asked for a quiet room since I am a light sleeper- and they gave me a wonderful second level one bedroom condo that was away from any noise. The condo had everything you would need - dishes, towels, and a washer/dryer. I did a load of laundry every day. The condo was decorated in an updated tropical style that was practical yet upscale. It was very comfortable. Every morning I enjoyed the free coffee and newspapers poolside to start my day. It is a very short walk, two blocks to the center of the action in Lahaina. There are many fine art galleries, and places to eat. I have stayed in many Hawaii hotels and resorts and also other Outrigger hotels- and I would have to say this was my favorite place in the islands. Suited all of my needs !

Room Tip: Ask for a second level unit away from the pools.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank mmramz
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This was our first trip to Maui. We wanted to stay in a centrally located place, and Lahaina was perfect. Our family stayed in a two bedroom unit for one week. When we arrived, we were greeted and accommodated (early) in the typical Hawaiian "no problem" attitude. The property is beautiful and well maintained. Security was visible and friendly. The unit had a washer and dryer, which made our week there much easier. They have two pools, one freshwater, the other saltwater. Both pools were beautiful, and the perfect temperature. There were only two concerns which I will mention. First, there is no table in the unit. There is a countertop and three stools (not conducive for a family of four to eat together). Our family likes to play games, so we played on the floor. Secondly, they will issue you a parking pass (for paid parking) -- don't lose it. We managed to somehow lose ours and the front desk treated my husband like a child when he asked for another. Would I stay there again? Absolutely. This vacation was the best vacation ever, and where we stayed was a huge part of that. You will love this property.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
waikato
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights and loved everything about the property and town. Location was fantastic, 5 minute walk to town, but once you were back to the property it felt like you were in your own little world again. We had room A105 right by the small pool area. We had no problem with noise coming from that area and swimming is only allowed till 8pm at this pool anyway, we did notice during the day they have a security guard and he told some kids being loud to go to the bigger pool. We have a ipad and could use it in the room if we stood by the window, so no need to take it out by the pool! Fantastic, well equipt kitchen and wonderful having a washer and dryer in the room. Two BBQs by the smaller pool for everyone to use. We would return and stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We went to Maui in a group of 4 friends over new years eve. We stayed at 3 different places and did not rent a car. The Outrigger Aina Nalu was a great value. We booked one of the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom units and found it to be very comfortable with a modern decor, nicely arranged, and clean. There is not a large beach within walking distance, but the pools on the property are beautiful with views of the mountains.
We all enjoyed walking the super short distances to the harbour, Front St, the galleries, restaurants and grocery store. This is the perfect spot to stay if you want to spend a few days doing cruises, checking out galleries, going to luaus and learning to surf on the baby waves, all within walking distance!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank VBeachy
Chatham, New Jersey
Reviewed June 16, 2011

There are only 2 things I didn't like about this place and they were the mattress and staff. During the check in process the lady working was very rude, barely said anything and we really didn't feel welcome. When a few days later we asked another lady at the front desk a question she was very short with us again. However, we were amazed with the unit. It was a full two bedroom condo. 2 bathrooms, laundry and kitchen. Loved the internet too. Each room had it's own router which made it really fast. I had to work on my laptop for a few days and it was really convenient. The beds are not too comfortable though but you'll still get good sleep. The bathrooms were really modern and beautiful. The grounds looked well maintained. Two pools were nice. The location is really good too. It's only a 5 minute walk to front street where everything was happening. They have all the restaurants and bars. And the beach is only a 5-10 minute drive so it wasn't a problem at all. It is an excellent choice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple