Aina Nalu
The Mauian Hotel on Napili Beach(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$299
$291
$305
Official Website
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$236
$207
$389
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$245
$469
  • Pool
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,224 results
All reviewsfront streetparking feethe salt water poolwasher and dryercleaning feetwo blocksliving roomwithin walking distancefull kitchenper daylarger poolflat screenhot tubdowntown lahainaair conditionerbaby beachrestaurants and shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2011

My Sister and I spent 3 days at the Outrigger Aina Nalu. The property is located just two blocks from the busiest part of Lahina Front Street - so you have a peaceful place to stay -- but can walk across the street to some fantastic restaurants, art galleries and unique shops. Or catch a fishing boat, Kayak tour or just enjoy the lovely sunsets. The rooms are large and clean -we had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, laundry, and living. the furnishings in our suite were a bit dated however the kitchen and bathrooms had been nicely updated -- i am sure it is a process that is ongoing. I would highly recommend this Outrigger -- appropriate for singles, couples or families. I will return for a longer stay next time I get to Maui.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank pchirs
Reviewed May 3, 2011

First off let me say I am not a fan of big resorts. If that is your ideal spot, this place is not for you.

We were here for a week in late April. The family of 2 teenagers, husband and me. We booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bath room with garden view. Our view faced the parking lot so not sure I would decribe it as garden view but didn't want the window's open anyway. Beautiful, fragant grounds.

Room was clean and nicely appointed. Ceiling fan and air conditioner in each room. Full kitchen, with refrigerator, sink, stove, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker and blender. Most items needed for cooking your own food (except we didn't find the baking items in the drawer under the stove until after we needed it). Ice machine near both pools. No real room for eating unless you eat at the counter the seperates the kitchen from the living area.

Laundry available in one bathroom. You only get one package of detergent as complimentary, All others are $1 each. They do give you extra pool towels that are not replenished during your stay so plan on doing some laundry and spring for some detergent.

They never replenished items like tea or coffee or sweetener so not sure why that was, but no big deal.

Location was great, right in town. Easy to walk to all the cute shops and restaurants in Old Lahaina town. Highly recommend you don't pay for parking, there is normally plenty of street parking very near by. Foodland and Safeway are both just north of here so stock up if you don't hit Costco on your way into Lahaina.

Pools were very nice, they have 2. A smaller fresh water one and larger salt water one. I preferred the salt water unless I had my fill already that day at the beach. They aren't too crowded. The saltwater pool had four cabana beds and a nice lounge area with a tv.

No wifi in the room but they do provide a cable to plugging in and there is wifi at each pool.

If you are looking for nice relaxing place, near town and away from the big resorts. This is a great place.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank vwatson
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I don't just want to give the bad, I will also say the things I liked about this hotel.
Good-
The common area pools were nice, lots of places to sit down and soak up the rays.
The pool area also had a tv area that was convenient.

Bad
PARKING - Once you call to book your room, the front desk informs you that there is NO parking in the area and you would have to pay $15/day at the hotel to park on the grounds. This is a lie, there are plenty of spots to park around the grounds and there is even a secure parking lot across the street for only $12/day. In the parking lot on the hotel grounds that I parked in, there was only had 1 other car in a lot with about 30 stalls.

WI-FI. - The hotel will say they have wi-fi. This is a lie. There is no access in your rooms and I had to sit in the front lobby to get any access.

Concierge - the concierge is a expedia travel agent that tries to sell you trips, promos, and time shares. It was tough to find someone at the hotel with local knowledge that wasn't trying to sell you a time share. Very uncomfortable to have these salesmen in their office which is located at the main pool area.

Rooms - Going to Maui all I wanted in a room was the necessities --- clean room, clean towels, quiet. Although the room was small, I had no problem with that. My big problem was the noise. The paper thin windows do not mask the noise from the highway behind the hotel, hotel employees breaking bottles in the morning, garbage men collecting trash at 5 am, the smell of garbage from the bins, and the constant morning wake up calls of large grounds keeping equipment backing up. A holiday can quickly be ruined by a complete lack of sleep.
The most disgusting aspect was the stained sheets!!! This was unbelievable! Almost as unbelievable as the front desks unapologetic response.

Whenever our concerns were brought to the staffs attention NOTHING was done, no apologies were given and no excuses were made. It was a " tough luck " response.

I would never stay at this place again and it is not worth saving a few dollars, which if you do some comparing, is not that much. I totally regret staying with the other travelers in my party because this hotel was a waste of money and ruined my week in Maui.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay at the Outrigger!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
13  Thank CoToK
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed here for five nights at the beginning of our Maui visit. We rented a two bedroom one bath unit, at the time we booked a two bedroom was less expensive than a one.
There were 3 ceiling fans, 3 TV's, 3 phone extensions, and two remotely controlled wall air conditioners. The bedroom AC was loud so we tried to avoid using it at night. The living room had a couch and two chairs. There was no table or chairs for dining, only 4 stools at the kitchen counter.
Storage in the 2nd bedroom was non existent, the master bedroom had two small drawers. There were closets in both bedrooms with a shelf at the top. Since we had the second bedroom we could use that as a giant walk in closet. There was also a small linen closet in the hall.

The unit was clean, housekeeping came daily. They leave one box of detergent for the washing machine, after that it's $1/box. For four bucks at Foodland we bought a bottle of liquid detergent good for 10 loads. Everything else was replenished.
Other than the bedside lamps it was very dim inside at night, likely the CFL's were over down sized.
On the plus side, real hangars in the closets.
We made one call to maintenance because a TV wasn't working, they showed up within minutes.

Although the complex is right in the middle of town it doesn't seem like it [other than some highway noise] because of fencing and foliage.
From what I understood Outrigger manages about 75% of the condos. They said they were sold out for the next three weeks however the parking lot we used, for $15/night, was never more than half full.

Two and a half blocks north on Wainee is a Foodland store where you can get the discounts if "you have a phone number anywhere in the world".
There are two driveways in front of the lobby, about a hundred feet apart. If using the south one stay far right entering or leaving, there are gouges in the center concrete from cars bottoming out.

It was alright for our short stay, doing the things we wanted to do in Lahaina without the hassle of parking.
However without the second bedroom we'd have been living out of suitcases.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TubaChristmas
Reviewed April 16, 2011

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Aina Nalu and were pleasantly surprised with every detail. We were given a free upgrade from a studio to a one bedroom. It was quite a lifesaver as it had a washer/dryer set and my husband's luggage didn't arrive on Maui for 24 hours.

Both pools were fabulous, but we especially loved the salt water pool in the back...it was wonderful. They were adding solar panels to many of the different condo buildings, but the construction wasn't noisy or messy. The location is ideal, as it's within walking distance to everything in Lahaina.

My husband and I plan to stay here the next time we're in Maui and highly recommend it to all.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple