I booked 3 weeks ahead of my 9 day visit thru my travel agent and was very pleased with my stay. This is not a 5 star place, it is a 3 star place with 5 star view. I did not have any mold or bug problems like some of the previous readers did. My room was very clean and nice. I traveled alone and was a little bit nervous because I went for economy, reserved a studio but was pleasantly surprised. The view was outstanding! I had room 1102 which had a view of Molokai and it was so beautiful watching the weather change daily over Molokai. The studio was not as well furnished in the kitchen as the condos I read about in previous reviews. There were no condiments in the refrigerator, it was completely bare. There was salt & pepper and lots of paper towels, but no plastic wrap and no aluminum foil. Also no storage containers for leftover food. I ate almost all my meals in the room so I stored things in pots and pans and in the one casserole dish in the refrigerator. I would have liked a frying pan but that was the only other thing missing. There is a clothes line in the tub which came in handy. As my clothes got dirty, I just put them in the washing machine till I had enough for a load. They sell extra laundry soap across the street at the Whalers General Store for .89 if you need more. This store has everything you need to start out your groceries before you go to a grocery store. Plenty of grocery stores near by, Star Market in Kaanapali, Safeway and Food Land in Lahaina. Both stores in Lahaina gave me a discount card which saved alot. There was plenty of toilet paper and kleenix. I had the sliding door open all the time I was there including at night, could hear the waves, and with the bathroom windows open abit, it was always very comfortable. There was a ceiling fan in the room also. It was also very quiet. The only time I heard my neighbors was when we were both in our bathrooms and had our windows open. I could hear the couple next door very clearly. The pool is small but the water is nice and warm, There are always plenty of chairs available around the pool and on the grass facing the ocean. Snorkling was abit boring here, but is great at most of the other beaches. I had a small economy car and did not have any problems pulling into the parking stalls, also, there were always plenty available, maybe I was there at a slower time. This was my 3rd trip to Maui so I did not use the travel center in the lobby. I did book a snorkling trip to Molokini thru Maui Divers (across the street in strip mall). Not many fish and the crew on the boat was not helpful when people were trying to get back on the boat. My big mistake was taking a road I was unfamiliar with. It goes along the ocean on the northwestern most tip of Maui. I don't remember the hwy number, but it starts out as a state hwy and shortly after it ends it is one lane most of the way on a very curvey road. It makes the road to Hana seem like a cake walk.
I am already planning a trip back to Maui and I will stay at the Royal Kahana. The only thing missing is a hot tub. This would be a very nice addition. Aloha!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home in Kahana. This beachfront community is the calm cousin to West Maui's high-profile destinations of Lahaina, Kaanapali and Kapalua Resort. You won't find the typical string of Maui hotels, dazzling storefronts, and streams of shoppers and diners - although that's only a few minutes away if the mood strikes. Breathe in the breeze that sweeps across the ocean view from your high-rise lanai. Marvel at humpback whales slapping and rolling so close to shore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Kahana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Royal Kahana
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Resort
- Royal Kahana Maui/Lahaina