Royal Kahana
The Mauian Hotel on Napili Beach(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$299
$291
$305
Official Website
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$256
$207
$389
$469
  • Pool
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$271
$245
  • Beachfront
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,113 results
All reviewswasher and dryerocean viewfull kitchenmaui brewing companybedroom oceanfrontheated poolcondo hotelshort drivesmall beachfirst morningtennis courtsgeneral storegreat condoliving roomnice poolsee whalesdaily maid service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and i just spent 8 days and 7 nights in Maui. We were in room 119 in a garden view room, what was nice about it was we were in a end unit so it was very quiet, except for the birds singing. We had a full kitchen, table with 2 chairs, a little couch, king size bed,and we also had a washer and dryer in the bathroom which was perfect for doing small loads of laundry if needed. and a patio with a table and 2 more chairs. We overlooked the beautiful flowers and pool area, yet once you were out on the patio we had a view of the ocean.Everything was close by as far as walking across the street to a small market that carried everything from beer and wine to bread and eggs.The beaches are turquoise colored and are just amazing, the pool area is large and there are always chairs to be had. If you are into grilling there are about 6 big full size grills.really loved this place and would stay there again.

Room Tip: we loved the corner suite
2  Thank oneeyeWilmington
OutriggerRoyal K, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Kahana, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Aloha oneeyeWilmington,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad you were able to find what you needed for your stay all within walking distance.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here in early March after renting from the Outrigger group. First let me say that Outrigger manages part of this hotel and the other units are independently owned. Having looked at the Outrigger site and having experience staying at an Outrigger hotel in Waikiki, I was expecting more insofar as the interiors of the unit. The Outrigger website from this hotel shows updated rooms with granite, etc. The unit we stayed in was very outdated (circa late '80's or 90's). This was misleading to me and disappointing. Having said that, the view from the large lanai of the beach and ocean compensated for this. Great opportunities to whale watch during the winter months. I'd advise paying much cheaper rates by using VRBO etc as there was no advantage whatsoever to staying with Outrigger.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jodie W
OutriggerRoyal K, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Kahana, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Jodie W,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed the views from the unit you stayed in. Each of the units are individually owned and decor is based on the owner's personal taste. Please contact me directly in regard to the unit you stayed in so I can be sure to pass your comments along.

I apologize you were disappointed and generally our staff tries to accommodate guests unhappy with their units. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please let me know if you need any assistance in a future stay at the property.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We booked a 1-bedroom condo on the 10th floor through VRBO. It had a full kitchen so we were able to prepare some meals as well as a stackable washer and dryer. We were in Maui for six nights, so this was a better option than a standard hotel room. The Royal Kahana is located within a short drive from Ka'anapali Beach and Front Street in Lahaina. We were able to do some whale watching from the lanai, and when we opened the windows and sliding glass door, we got a wonderful breeze and the sound of the ocean. There was a nice pool on the property. Although located right on the beach, there was a lot of coral in the sand so not too comfortable to walk on.

3  Thank cmbrown88

Aloha cmbrown88,

thank you for posting your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the property.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed for a week. Location was alright but you won't find good local restaurants nearby, for that you'll have to drive to Lahaina (about 10 min drive). The staff was courteous and accommodating. With a cleaning fee upon check-out they should clean their rooms a little more thoroughly. Free parking but you'll pay for wifi.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Aloha Marherman,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad to see your comments about our staff and I will be sure to pass this along to management. Please contact me directly in regard to the unit you stayed in so I can be sure to pass along to housekeeping about that particular unit. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in a 2 bedroom ocean front room on the 8th floor. We were given an upgrade from our 1 bedroom ocean front on arrival. Accommodation was booked via Hawaiian Airlines as a package with our inter-island flights.

The resort is just north of Lahaina. There is no restaurant and shops are about 2 kms away. They do have a poolside cafe but closes mid afternoon. This section of coast is a line of resort after resort. You need a car here.

Our room was sensational!!!!!

The ocean front room is well worth the extra money over the other room types available. The views could not be better. In our first hour we saw 2 turtles swimming in the surf just metres from shore and one on the beach having a sun bake! Then whale sightings that continued right throughout our stay. Magic.

The two bedrooms were massive, 2 ensuites plus a powder room with a flash bidet toilet (which was a novelty for us: first time!!!!). 3 TVs, full kitchen, laundry, lounge room, dining room, huge balcony with heaps of outdoor furniture.

Good size pool and deck, lovely and well maintained grounds. A very relaxing place to stay. Staff friendly enough.

We would definately stay here again. Lahaina is the action centre in Maui but nice to visit and then get back here for real R and R.

In Lahaina you can sign up for a "Timeshare Hard Sell" invite: for 2 hours of your time you receive a discount card which gives you about 50% off all activities and a $100 credit. We did not as it is a waste of our time and not the way we want to spend our time on holiday.

Dinner cruises too expensive but whale sightings were good. Go to Bubba Gumps: great night out!

Room Tip: If you have been to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, avoid all reef tours/glass bottom boats in Hawaii. You will be very disappointed!
3  Thank Whakatipu2530
OutriggerRoyal K, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Kahana, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Aloha Bleask2871,

Thank you for taking the time to post your most favorable review. I'm so pleased our staff was able to provide you with an upgrade to the 2 bedroom Ocean Front. I'm glad you were able to have a fantastic stay with us.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next whale season!