If you want luxury hotels and crowds, this place is not for you. Building is typical 70's-80's Maui. High rise-12 floors, but it is oceanfront. Booked thru Costco vacations, 1 BR oceanfront (not oceanview) for 2 adults and 2 tweens during Spring Break week. Since each unit is individually owned and appointed, you don't know what you are getting until you check in. Stayed 8 days in unit 309. We were pleasantly surprised. Though the unit needs updating, it has all the usual amenities. King bed is comfortable, sofa sleeper has thin mattress. Unit is clean, carpet in decent shape with no stains. Bathroom clean, and kitchen dated but clean. A one time maid service was included. Nice to be able to have a kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, washer, dryer, etc.
The view is awesome from this unit. Can see Molokai across the channel. We were able to see whales and dolphins in the distance. Bring binoculars. Added bonus: turtles feeding just offshore for hours.
Minimal interaction with staff, but they were friendly. Did not use the concierge desk, but it appears you can book attractions in the lobby. Small fitness room with 5-6 pieces of equipment, and a ping pong table.
There is a snack bar onsite with limited hours and menu. McDonald's and Black Angus just a few hundred yards walk away, along with a dive shop to rent gear. Plenty of free onsite parking. 5 minute drive north of Kaanapali. We like being away from the crowds and hustle and bustle of Lahaina and Kaanapali, but close enough to drive there. If that's what you like, Kahana is a nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home in Kahana. This beachfront community is the calm cousin to West Maui's high-profile destinations of Lahaina, Kaanapali and Kapalua Resort. You won't find the typical string of Maui hotels, dazzling storefronts, and streams of shoppers and diners - although that's only a few minutes away if the mood strikes. Breathe in the breeze that sweeps across the ocean view from your high-rise lanai. Marvel at humpback whales slapping and rolling so close to shore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Vacatia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Kahana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Royal Kahana
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Resort
- Royal Kahana Maui/Lahaina