My husband and I checked in and stayed from Dec 15-25. All the reviews posted is exactly what it is. We were on the 8th Floor facing towards Kapalua, our view consisted of the building next door and if we wanted to see the ocean we had to sit in the corner of the Lania which I got use to doing and looking at the water views. On our last day, I watched a Humpback Whale breach twice (without Binoculars) while enjoying my Hawaiian Coffee.
The AC did shut off at odd times but we kept it off most of the time as it was very windy during our stay that we kept the patio doors open to get the breeze and listen to the Ocean waves. The Beach was OK but there wasn't much of one when the ocean was rough. We drove to the Beaches in Kehei which were much better and protected from the winds.
Hot water..there was some issues, we didn't call to complain about it, we just let the water run a little bit or turned it off and turned it back on. After being sunburnt, the cool water felt good.
There is an activities desk in the main lobby. The girls there were very knowledgable and helped us book a few tours.
The Minus I would say is the internet. They have internet access in the main lobby but it cost. You can also subscribe to the Internet for your room but I just found cafes that had free wireless.
Also, there is free use of the BBQs located by the Cabana. We used these a few times as it was better than cooking in our Studio rooms.
We did look at the resorts in Kna'apali as well as Kehei, we were definitely happy to have stayed at the Royal Kahana, it was less crowded. If we were to return to Maui, I would definitely book here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home in Kahana. This beachfront community is the calm cousin to West Maui's high-profile destinations of Lahaina, Kaanapali and Kapalua Resort. You won't find the typical string of Maui hotels, dazzling storefronts, and streams of shoppers and diners - although that's only a few minutes away if the mood strikes. Breathe in the breeze that sweeps across the ocean view from your high-rise lanai. Marvel at humpback whales slapping and rolling so close to shore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Kahana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Royal Kahana
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Resort
- Royal Kahana Maui/Lahaina