This is about our 4th time at the Royal Kahana though we haven't been here in quite a while. It has been upgraded a bit and we certainly enjoyed it again. For the first time we stayed in one of the rooms just across from the elevators. This proved to be noisy for a few reasons. First was the elevator related noises which are worse since the windows are typically open to some degree. Secondly was the wind howling through the unit. It was likely worse than we remember since the shape of the property force the air into this part of the building. There seemed to be quite a few more kids this time as well - which was probably nice for those with kids.
All in all - a great condo that is close to the action in Lahaina and Kaanapali but far enough away to be relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home in Kahana. This beachfront community is the calm cousin to West Maui’s high-profile destinations of Lahaina, Kaanapali and Kapalua Resort. You won’t find the typical string of Maui hotels, dazzling storefronts, and streams of shoppers and diners – although that’s only a few minutes away if the mood strikes. Welcome the sun on a morning stroll chasing waves along the sand. Breathe in the breeze that sweeps across the ocean view from your high-rise lanai. Marvel at humpback whales slapping and rolling so close to shore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Kahana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Royal Kahana
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Outrigger Royal Kahana Resort
- Royal Kahana Maui/Lahaina