“Excellent - great value”
Review of Royal Kahana

Royal Kahana
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Loved this location. Not on the strip but off a nice beach, excellent staff. Two people i worked with at the "concierge" travel planner were really nice and informative. Great to be able to get a condo with better than double the largest hotel rooms around - and at less than the cost of a hotel on the Kaanapali strip. I'd do it again!

Room Tip: If you have a choice - get a hgher number room or higher floor. I was in 301 and we heard the garba...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TKaty
Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this property twice now and are planning on making this our official place to stay everytime we come to Maui. We love everything about it. The location is great. The view from our lanai was wonderful. The rooms are nice and clean. We had a washer and dryer in both the rooms we stayed in plus a full size kitchen. The staff is very friendly and quick to help. We wish we could live here!!!!

7  Thank JulieM655
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel more than most I’ve stayed in needs to be reviewed in context. If you are on honeymoon or coming for that once in a lifetime holiday and you can afford to push the boat out, then you may want to upgrade from this hotel. If on the other hand you’re like us and wanted to stay in a comfortable hotel in a good location but aren’t bothered about a lack of 4* services then this is a great choice. Be prepared when you arrive at the Royal Kahana as the hotel looks dated and you may feel disappointed. However, things improve once inside and yes the staff are all very friendly.

We had booked directly with Outrigger in the quiet season and found a great deal at $1000 for a weeks stay. We chose an ocean view studio, which offered a pretty decent view and the studio was well equipped, clean and boasted a king size bed. The studio is great if you want to make your own breakfast and like having a fridge and coffee machine when required.

They only service your room once midway through the week though, so again, if this bothers you upgrade.

The pool area is pleasant and you’re only a stones throw from the beach. The views of the neighboring islands are a welcoming sight each morning. While Kahana itself has a few restaurants and bars the real action is 5 miles down the road on Front Street in Lahaina. While the hotel address may say Lahaina its really in Kahana.

Depending on what your needs are we thought the Royal Kahana was great value and enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Anything with a ocean view or ocean front view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank adyhall
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked my vacation at Outrigger Royal Kahana through Costco, I have used Costco before and had wonderful luck, this time was very different. The 1 bedroom condo had a very bad musty smell in the living room area, the carpet was a dark color and had a smell trapped in it. I can assume most condo's were not in the shape this one was in, so it is the luck of the draw I guess. My extreme disappointment is that the management would think this condo was ok to rent out with the extreme odor. On the last day I did not wear shoes after getting out of the shower, walked around the room for about an hour after getting out of the shower and my feet felt dirty, I looked at my feet and the bottoms of my feet were black from the gross carpet...need I say more? The dishes were so dusty upon arrival that we had to wash them before we could use them. The corners of the bathroom floor had sand and dirty. I would discourage anyone from staying here, if they allowed this condo #1013 to be rented out, then what else is ok to the management?

Room Tip: I saw reviews on Trip Advisor about the rooms being dirty and I should have realized...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank balaine14
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Thank you so much for a beautiful stay at the Royal Kahana Resort on Maui!! My daughter and I just returned from the trip I won last year and were so very impressed with our ocean view condo!! Our room was fantastic and the staff and amenities were perfect, did I mention we were right on the beach?? We were also able to attend my daughter that lives on Maui's wedding and spend a lot of time with my Grandson!! I would highly recommend the Royal Kahana because it combines a hotel and condo together. For example, you could get housekeeping or just opt to have fresh towels and shampoo and lotion brought in, unlike some I have stayed at where you do all the laundry yourself:) The shower was large and nice as was the bedroom and bed. Mahalo

Room Tip: We really enjoyed having an ocean view. We were on the third floor and right above the pool in room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MelodeeB
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were booked into this condo by AAA travel agent. When we checked in, they offered to upgrade to a better room for $20 p/ night. Gave us a key to check out the room. Well worth it.
Top floor(12th), wonderful view of the ocean from the nice balcony. Large bedroom & living room & full kitchen & washer/dryer.
All the staff were very nice. 5 minute walk to Maui brewing company.
The facility was not fancy but comfortable. I wish we had a week to stay instead of only 4 nights

Room Tip: Upgrade to higher floors for view of sunsets
2  Thank Ohio_Sun_Lover
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We just returned from a 10 vacation in Maui. I have to say that I was very pleased with the room that we were given. Our room #907 has a most wonderful veiw and it is fully updated. My husband purchased our trip through Costco and after seeing the resort he chose I was too very nervous about the dated rooms. The ladies at the front desk were more then wonderful to us making sure that we were happy with the room choice we were given before checking in and because it also is a down time in Maui you do have other rooms to look at. The room was perfect! Lot's of things are in walking distance. The beach was nice as we were entertained all day long by the many turtles in the water:) I would definitly be coming back and recomending the Royal Kahana. If your looking for condo choose here prices are good.

3  Thank laura w