“I have seldom paid so much for so little” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kaanapali Golf Courses

Kaanapali Golf Courses
Ranked #57 of 149 Outdoor Activities in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: World-class golfing at the heart of Kaanapali Beach Resort, is home to the Senior PGA Tour EMC Kaanapali Classic.
Shawnee, Oklahoma
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“I have seldom paid so much for so little”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We thought we got a good price for the course at $85.00 per person but even at the reduced price the Kaanapali Kai was over priced. Kind of had an idea after we paid $49.00 for very used and old Nike clubs. Except for the starter everone we dealt with seemed to not care if we were there or not. The course is not in very good condition. It has a lot of bald spots and some of the sand traps had little if any sand in them. Given the opportunity to go back I won't. There are too many nice courses with friendly professional staff.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank daokie

• Korean first
los angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“No Repeat Play”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Played at the Royal Kaanapali Golf Course with my son in early September.The course itself was okay but it was the little things that were annoying.Paid $189 each and yet they charge you $4 for a bucket of balls to warm up with.No balls were supplied to us.My son wanted a ball as a souvenir afterwards and we had to buy one for $3.For a moment I thought that i would have to pay to use the bathroom.Next time I will just pay the extra money to play at Kapalua where I'm sure i will not be nickled and dimed

1 Thank ayoboy
New milford
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Watch out for the wind.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

1:09 tee time $129 plus 6 bucks for range balls. A little disappointed that we had to hit off range mats. I don't tee the ball up as high as the rubber tees on the mats, so it was difficult to get a feel for the driver I rented. We played in constant gusts of 20+ mile an hour, it was a little frustrating having to read two to three cups while putting to account for the wind. A good tip to remember is all putts break toward the ocean. Even when they don't look like they do. Views are very nice and the carts are nice and quite. There are holes were the wind can eat up four clubs. Number seventeen could be a wedge or a six iron. 126 yards. I hit a 9 iron flush, which I usually hit 145 and ended up in the water short. Grrr.... Nice pro shop and everyone was friendly would play again.

1 Thank Scot A
Charlotte, North Carolina
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Ka'anapali Royal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I am a beginning golfer and my husband is intermediate+. We had a great time on this course. The weather was great and the views were beautiful. This course was designed for all skill levels. The location is perfect. We played Kapalua and Makena. Kapalua was too windy and I felt like I was playing against the elements instead of the course. I would rather play Ka'anapali than Kapalua. Golf isn't fun if you beat yourself up. The staff was great and customer service is excellent. Play this course.

1 Thank Kathy A
Surrey, Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“kannapali kai”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

golfed on Labour Day and got a super deal at $50 each, thought it was going to be an awesome day but was sadly disappointed. There were a lot of golfers, granted it was such a good price, so the 5 hour round wasn't entirely unexpected. What was unexpected was the condition of the course. The Sand Traps were devoid of much actual sand, ended up bottoming out on the mats under the sand more often than not. Probably shouldn't have been in the sand but it was a 50-50 chance of skulling it out. The course was dried out, the greens were OK, but difficult to read. The staff was great, the facility lacked a snack bar so the wait to tee off wasn't that tolerable. The Snack Cart ladies were good, but because of no snack bar, were quickly out of sandwiches. Wind played a bit of a role in the later afternoon, making it a good challenge, was just disappointed in not getting a great course, after all the hoopla about this resort course. The views were spectacular from the back 9