“Friendly, informative staff and great coffee and cake”

The Coffee Store Napili
Ranked #2 of 18 Coffee & Tea in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Deli, Hawaiian
Description: Located in the Napili plaza in beautiful Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii, The Coffee Store is Maui's favorite place to take a break from the beach. Featuring iced and hot 100% Kona coffee, other Hawaiian coffee and gourmet flavors - alongside deluxe ice blended mochas and espresso drinks. For a quick bite, try our sandwiches and wraps, which Frommers calls a "local legend." So come on in, because life's too short for stale coffee!
Reviewed July 7, 2014

It's in a strip mall, but has the best carrot cake I've ever eaten, and some of the best coffee. I also bought whole-bean coffee to take home, and the [manager?/owner?] opened sealed bags to let me take a whiff of various options. She was great at explaining the differences in beans, terroirs and roasts, all of which helped me to decide between the dozens of coffees that were available. I'll probably order some to be shipped to me now that I'm back on the mainland.

I wonder if they'll ship carrot cake . . . .

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Excellent coffee in a traditional coffee shop environment. Good muffins too with an assortment including low fat. The grocery store next door has newspapers including the WSJ and NYT, so stop there first for a paper and then on to the coffee shop. The women working at the shop are efficient and keep the short lines moving. Limited outdoor seating, which is a shame.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We go here every morning. They roast their own beans and have a great variety. Every day they have 4 coffee options brewed and ready to serve up. One is always a flavored coffee like Choc Mac Nut or my favorite Hula Pie!!! Its like mud pie coffee. They always have a bold roast, a light roast as well.

They sell all their beans so you can take it home as well. If you buy one of the daily flavors you get 10% off as well.

They also have every kind of espress dring known to man and many of their own creations. The Brown Cow is another of my favorites, its iced, and a blend of a low acid coffee, with chocolate milk! Why have I never thougth of this? A fun one to hear ordered is the Why Bother. Its a decaf non fat latte, so as the name says, Why Bother!

The ladies who run the place are super nice and welcoming. And locals love it here as well. Its up in the Napili and worth the trip if you are not staying nearby.

They have some yummy pasteries too.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We usually buy coffee here when staying in a condo nearby. Always are amazed by the prices....maybe better to buy some coffee at Costco in Kahului. But it's nice to support a local business.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We've been visiting Maui for years and The Coffee Store is always our 1st and last stop - great local coffee, awesome pastries & muffins and amazing, friendly service!