“great day on the water”

Finest Kind Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: FINEST KIND SPORT FISHING is the only Owner Operated, and 3rd generation, Sport Fishing Charter company in Maui. With Captain David Hudson at the helm since 1973. With Capt. Dave's 40 years of experience, operating out of Lahaina Harbor, FINEST KIND consistently holds the catch records for Maui County. Using only the finest fishing equipment, and having extensive local knowledge of where the fish are and what kind of bait should be used.
Cherry Valley, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great day on the water”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and i chartered a boat today with capt. kamal and adam , on the finest kind and had a great day fishing , my wife caught 2 beautiful wahoos, she outfished me with the bigger of the 4 we caught . as soon as we met the capt. and crew we felt welcome and comfortable , they took care of us all day and made sure our experience was a memorable one .we beat all of the other boats in the harbor with our catch , it is the 3rd time i have been fishing with the finest kind and have always caught fish and have always had great trips

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Chris K

Snohomish, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Finest Time!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Captain and Deck Hand worked extremely hard on our trip April 16th, 2013. I am an experienced fisherman both on my own and guided trips. Fishing far out in the open ocean was poor, so they decided to go where nobody else was. We CRUSHED all the other boats in the harbor. I understand its called fishing, not catching. Don't buy the poor reviews some have posted. Pay attention to what they tell you before you go and at the very least, you will have a beautiful trip. Take care of yourself the night before (no hard core boozing) and bring plenty of water. Snacks are good, too. Deck hand filleted up plenty of fish for all of us. I cooked my Ono and Mahi Mahi back at my hotel BBQ area for two days, AMAZING!!! I will definitely be back. Can't wait until my son is old enough to go out.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Allan C
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lots of fun. great guys running boat.some of the hardest fishing I have done in a while. Sharp hooks, good tackle ,nice comforta”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been on lots of boats I have done lots of fishing. The captain and the deck hand in my opinion where exactly what the boat needed.I made a lot of calls when I got down to Maui and talk to a couple other sportfishing booths and none were as helpfull as captain charlie.. So I'm glad I found people that love fishing as much as I do.oh yeah and to make the trip even better we hooked up on a 323 lbs Marlin.an hour and a half later landed the fish took our pictures and we're on our way.thank you the finest kind.

1 Thank mattgros
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A wonderful day on the water!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband is an avid fisherman and spent months researching which tour company to use when we got to Maui. He decided on Finest Kind and booked an entire day private charter for just the two of us. We went out with Sal and Sam and had a great day on the water. We seemed to instantly feel comfortable with Sal. He explained the lures we were using, the fish we were looking for and some of the techniques he used to find fish. We got 3 Mahi Mahi in an exciting climax to the day but we honestly enjoyed chatting with Sam and Sal just as much as we did catching the fish. They were friendly, professional and we would request them again when we return. When we got back to shore we were given our choice of how much or how little we wanted to keep of our catch and took just enough for a few incredibly delicious meals prepared ourselves back at our condo. It was so wonderful to get some fresh local fish at the start of our trip to build some meals around for our time there. We both enjoyed the day immensely and would definitely book with Finest Kind again. Worth every penny. Sal and Sam are the best!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Kristen S
Malvern, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Sold my fish”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The captain of our boat was the son of the owner. He was very informative. The great thing about the trip was that I caught a 104 pound Yellow fin tuna. As the captain said, it was the fish of a lifetime. For this is am very happy. It was the only fish caught that day. But what could have been a wonderful testimony for this fishing company became a sad one. When we got back to the dock we had a few pictures made of me and my fish, with the captain and first mate. As I was talking to the girl on dock about mounting it I turned around and my fish was gone...and the captain. As I learned, this fish was worth about $6 a pound! So my $600 fish disappeared to who knows where and I wasn't even offered a piece of it. When I enquired as to the price of mounting I was told the price included shipping and etc. When I got back to my room I found out that it would be another $250. I called them back to reconcile with no help. If you go sport fishing you had better understand some things that you may not be told. You need to know who keeps the fish, and all the ins and out of mounting it. ps I was also told they got about 50% of the mounting fee! You don't get the actual fish, just a plastic replica. I hope they measured my fish. I really never found out because the captain was gone. :(

Visited January 2013