“Great Experience. Will do it again!”

Extreme Sport Fishing Maui
Kelowna, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great Experience. Will do it again!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was on the shared fishing trip "No Problems" boat on December 26th. Everything started off great with Jimmy and Dave as our captains. I arrived at 2:35 and both Jimmy and Dave had already done the live bait fishing. The other members of the trip came shortly after and we were on our way by 3am. A two and a half hour boat ride out to the fishing spot and we caught about a dozen small tuna shortly after dawn. We left and check two other spots with no luck, another 3hrs of travelling looking for big game. Finally on our fourth spot we started catching more small tuna and then finally a Mahi Mahi. It was a thrill of a life time and would do it again. Unfortunately, the fishing wasn't stellar, but at least we got to have a taste of the Mahi Mahi! Jimmy is really into his job and loves what he is doing, he filleted some Mahi Mahi and Tuna for us afterwards.
The boat was comfy, the fishing belts looked pretty rough though. Overall it was a great day and enjoyed the beautiful Maui boat ride. (To those that haven't ridden on a boat in the ocean, make sure to put a dizzy patch behind your ear 12-24 hrs prior/ and or take some Gravol before the trip) I have been on 2 of these trips and have seen 5 people sick. My previous trip was with Start Me Up and it was 8 hrs of no fish and people throwing up.

2 Thank thebrewhouse

• Turkish first
San Diego, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Fishing on Maui - No Problem!”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

My family fishes a LOT and we have been hesitant to charter in Maui for all the stories we heard over the past decade about trolling with no fish. Our solution? A day on the No Problem with Captain Jimmy!! We went out on 12/22 and caught 3 big dorado and 45-50 baby tuna. Think sashimi galore and one of the best fishing days ever. We caught fish, then we caught more fish and then we caught even more fish. Captain Jimmy is super cool, experienced and knows where to go and what to do to get fish on the boat. I've been coming to Maui for 10 years and this was the best adventure we ever. Went on. Sign up today for the No Problem and then spend the rest of your trip enjoying your catch.

HUGE thanks to Jimmy and David, you made our trip a blast and we will be back every year at least once. You guys ROCK!!!

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No Problem is the BEST!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've always wanted to try ocean fishing. I researched all the companies on Maui and decided on the NO PROBLEM. The start was early, around 3AM, and we were off. The ride was long but exciting. The captain was preparing the rods, getting ready, making sure everything was where it needed to be. I had a bit of a hard time with the big waves in the dark. My stomach felt sick until the sun came up. Once I could see the horizon and land I was good to go. As the sun came up the fish began to bite. At first nothing big, just some small tuna. For me, it was still fun to catch the small fish. We moved on to the next spot to look for bigger fish. It was easy to see the captain knew his boat and were the fish would be. The fish seemed to get bigger and bigger and so did the fun. There was barely any rest between fish. Sometimes four at a time. The captain has a a certain level of intensity to him that adds to the excitement. Catching a Mahi was...awesome! I loved the whole trip. The captain and crew were intense,knowledgeable,professional, and more than generous with the catch. As an added bonus you get to see parts of Maui that some never see. The views are great...I saw whales and turtles on the way back. I highly recommend NO PROBLEM if you are looking to fish.

2 Thank nschultz408
Evergreen, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Fishing Charter EVER!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Our family of four went out today and after the ride out, the fishing activity was incredible! There wasn't a dull moment because there was always a fish or four on! Captain Mason knew where to go to catch LOTS of fish and made this a highlight of our vacation. We highly recommend Extreme Sport Fishing Maui to those of you who want to catch fish!!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Sherrie S
Wintersville, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best time with Son and new family”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Booked a private boat on No Problem with Captain Mason who must have known something that day. My son was getting married in Hawaii so as the first fish was on he went first, for the last time in his life. A tuna was on and the fight started. 5 min later which is long when fishing he got it next to the boat and it went out again. Finally it was on the boat well at least half of it as a shark had grabbed it beside the boat. Very different experience. Well, 25, yes 25 mahi mahi later we went in exhausted and happy with the trip. My son, his new father in law, my daughter's boyfriend and I could not have had a better time. Captain Mason thanks for the experience we will not forget.

Visited July 2013