“Great Food, great staff and great atmosphere!!!”

Captain Jack's Island Grill
Ranked #32 of 267 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Jamie was our waitress and she was such a character! We loved the lighthearted banter of the staff at CJ's The beer and the fish was sooo good and a very reasonable price. Not only did we have a good meal we had a fun time. Being a second floor restaurant, we had a great view of Front Street. The best part was that they didn't add the 18% automatic gratuity for a party of 6. Although we tipped our waitress very well, we appreciated being given the CHOICE to do so!!

There are newer reviews for Captain Jack's Island Grill

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Four of us stopped by for lunch and were seated quite quickly. the place was a bit busy but not full. Our waitress was very friendly and loved to chat about life. She was very bubbly and made sure our needs were always met. A very good menu with lots of choices, my wife had the seafood chowder with a salad and i had the fish tacos. Both were okay but nothing special. The location and view is nice, the service pretty good, the food okay, reasonably priced as well. I would go back and give this place another try, but would try something else on the menu.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

It's really hard for me to leave such a poor review since the food was okay but the lack of service and our waiter's attitude was just unacceptable. I, my husband, and our 2 friends decided to grab lunch here after an amazing morning of whale watching. We were given a coupon by the boat company that directed us to Captain Jacks where we could get a sundae with the purchase of lunch. Once seated my husband and I and the other couple we travelled with ordered the same appetizer plate. Our plates did not look the same. The other couple felt cheated since our plate seemed much fuller than theirs. Our waiter hardly ever came by and seemed annoyed to wait on us and other tables. At the end of lunch we presented our coupon for a sundae, he seemed surprised that it offered a free sundae and quietly muttered a vulgar word in front of us and took off to put our order in for sundaes. Wow...that was a first for me. Our "sundaes" arrived and it looked like somethig my 6 year old would slap together...oh well, it was free I guess. I don't think we'll be visiting here again.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had lunch here while in Lahania and I would like to have gone back to Lahania just to EAT there once more. The menu is amazing in a great setting. Very friendly staff. The food is delicious with ample portions. Open air setting looking down on Front St. to entertain you while eating.If stairs are a problem you will need to go elsewhere.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Traditional sports bar fare but fresh fish and an excellent setting overlooking front street down towards the Pioneer Inn and the ocean. Good service decent food.