“Good Food, Inexcuseable Service”

Captain Jack's Island Grill
Ranked #53 of 278 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Dropped in for breakfast on a recent visit to Maui and while the food was good, it grew cold as I waited for our server to return to the kitchen to pick up an item that I clearly ordered from the git-go. In fact, I waited and waited and waited. The server was clearly half asleep, looked hung over and clearly wasn't in the moment. Would I return? Probably, but for lunch, once their staff wakes up!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Best fish tacos ever. I will always choose these if they are offered so I've had my fair share. I had the grilled ones and they were to die for! Going back again tomorrow! Good atmosphere sketchy washrooms. Cranky hostess but I'm still going back for more.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Spent the afternoon here waiting to get into our rental house. Had drinks and appetizers. The staff was all heavily tattooed - not a problem, unless you didn't have tattoos. Seems they prefer visits from their own kind. They were very rude, no smiles and the service was poor. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone unless you like poor service from grumpy people.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

This was our best breakfast in lahaina. Read the menu while walking by and decided to give it a try. Great value for the money. The staff was efficient and the meal filling.Got great parking tips from our waiter too !A nice way to start your day.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Loved the food you sit upstairs open air over looking Front Street Lahaina & people watch while you eat the Mexican dishes are the best, fast friendly service