“WOW amazing fish”

Honokowai Okazuya & Deli
Ranked #45 of 274 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had the lemon caper mahi mahi. I usually only eat fish in Hawaii because I do not like "fishy" fish. This was SO amazing I am still craving it! Light, flaky fish and the sauce was delicious. It is a bit pricy for a take out place (but not really on Maui),$15 per plate but soooooooo worth it. I had fish at Merriman's and the fish here at the deli was BETTER! My husband had the coconut shrimp and fries, they were very good. My fish came with sticky rice and a choice of stir fry veggies in a sauce or macaroni salad, I choose the veggies, they were good but I didn't love the flavor of the sauce, I think it competed with my lemon sauce. The portion sizes were generous.
There is a long bar on the wall where you can sit and eat but no ambiance really. The best thing to do is order take out and go to the little park up the road and across the street or to your lanai. There were workers there getting dinner after work so it must be popular with the locals too.
We wanted to go back but they are closed on Sunday and closed pretty early in the evening so make sure to check their times before you go. This is definitely a DO NOT MISS fish place!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We came here based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor and becasue it was fairly close to the timeshare we were in. They have a pretty nice menu and everything is made to order. This is not the type of deli you would expect,as it is mostly asian influenced Hawaiian style meals. I had the Korean style chicken. It was boneless, skin on Chicken thighs (I removed the skin easily when I got to my room) that was very moist, tender and flavorful. It comes with either macoroni salad or stir fried veggies and rice. You can substitute the rice for mac salad or the veggies for an additional $ 1.25 (so I had double veggies). The veggies were cooked perfectly and were extremely flavorful. The Korean style chicken was $ 9.95 and the protions were very large. They have a very extensive vegetarian menu along with several meat and seafood dishes. They also had several specials on their board. The seating is limited, I believe most people probably take the food back to their rooms (everyone that was in line when I was there did just that). The service was helpful and friendly. I will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Tried this place on the way back from being on Napili beach and ordered the lemon caper Ono plate as well as the Korean chicken plate and we were pretty impressed with the flavours. The Ono even had sundried tomatoes in the sauce! The Koren chicken was very tender with a nice sweeter tasting sauce. With a lot of places on the island, the vegetable of choice is cabbage based but this place provided a zucchini based stir fried vegetable instead. I would definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Lemon caper ono. Fish and chips. Egg rolls. Delicious. Large portions. Inexpensive. If you have a nice condo, pick up some food here and enjoy with a bottle of wine on your lanai!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were in Maui 6 years ago and couldn't wait to go back. It's not a deli as the average North American would think of as a deli. It's a take out with fantastic fresh foods. One night we ordered the teryaki beef and korean bbq chicken, the other night we ordered the same thing (delicious!!), an eggplant dish, and noodles. Portions are generous (2 can share one meal), rice and stir fried vegetables come as sides and food is all freshly made. If you want to save some money, have a fantastic meal to eat on your lanai this is the place to go to.