“Vey cool attraction!”

$201.47*
Maui Atlantis Submarine Adventure and Royal Lahaina Luau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Atlantis Adventures is proud to be recognized as the largest provider of tourist attractions on the Hawaiian Islands. Our spectacular island setting plays host to our flagship tourist offering -- the Atlantis Submarine Tour. Featuring the most technologically advanced vessels of their kind, these absolutely real submarines carry up to 48 passengers to depths of 100 feet and beyond. Maui has long been revered as the Magic Isle for its extraordinary appeal and abundance of natural beauty, but its undersea world is just as compelling as seen by the wondrous marine life off the Lahaina coastline. Experience the magic of our Atlantis Adventure submarine tour and create lifetime memories as you explore our majestic coastal waters surrounding the city of Lahaina.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family and I decided to do this submarine ride, not expecting too much, we were in for a surprise. It is a real, submarine...not one of those fake Disney rides or something like a glass bottom boat. Once you arrive, you are shown into a tugboat which takes you off the shore to the submarine which is waiting for you. The seats on the sub are kinda close together so you are touching the person next to you, but its still comfortable. Once below the surface its really nice, the fish come to the windows and you see a sunken ship, spongebob, and a few coral reefs. I liked that they had a meter on the wall, so you could see how deep you are going, I think we went 150 feet below the surface. One thing, make sure the kiddies and yourself go to the bathroom before entering the sub, there are no bathrooms on board!!! Also, something to keep in mind, is that going from the boat to the sub can be rather tricky as you are walking across a little bridge that tends to keep moving with the current. Once on the sub and you begin to climb down, the opening is very narrow and you are climbing down a ladder, so you need to watch the little ones and the elderly as I can see people could fall easily. Other than those few things, the ride was awesome, the crew even more so!!! We would go back!!

2  Thank Kryss P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,617)

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The staff of Atlantis were outstanding making the voyage to the bottom amazing. The crew made the excursion and the sites below the surface informative and entertaining. Thanks to all.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

What can I say; it was unique and fun. The crew were "into it" and added to the adventure. The boat carried a maximum of 48 people and we sat in individual seats facing large portholes so there was no problem seeing or concern about someone blocking your view. The total experience took about 2 hours w/ approximately half that time below 100 feet of water. Very clean and comfortable; to the point I forgot I was below the water. My only disappointment was I saw a few schools of fish of a variety of colors but nothing big. Luck of the draw I guess. Despite that I would recommend it. No bathroom facilities aboard the sub so do not drink a lot of coffee that day.

2  Thank Iadmit
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was a great experience. Entire operation was efficient, boats were spotless and well maintained. The water visibility was excellent we got to see a great variety of sea life. My kids; aged 2 and 4 were free, but still got their own seats which was very convenient. They loved the whole experience as did I.

1  Thank teasyns
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was a fantastic experience. The crew on the shuttle boat and the sub were very informative.
Inside the sub is very light and cool air is blown out above every window (a bonus as I'm not very good in small spaces) but at no time did I feel enclosed. Everyone gets a brilliant view but as its real life, it's pot luck on what you will see. If I'm lucky enough to vist somewhere else where this company operate I will definitely do it again.

3  Thank RENEPOPS