Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Chinese, Hawaiian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: This is a new restaurant that just opened on September 24, 2010
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a great place for Chinese and local food for carry out. Seating is very limited. But the food I had was excellent. Service was quick but there were not many people there when I stopped by for lunch.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (357)

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Ono Kau Kau Mixed Plate was just outside our compex and we read the positive reviews so we decided to give it a try. It was just excellent. A small (truly hole in the wall) that had about five tables but a huge take out crowd. We were fortunate to get one of the tables and watched people line up outside the door to order. At one point the very efficient lady who seemed to be doing everything told people she couldn't take anymore ordes for 1/2 hr because the kitchen couldn't keep up. I had the mixed pork plate and it was scrumptious and authentic. My husband had a fish plate which he also enjoyed. Prices are very reasonable, we were going to go back but it was always busy. Don't be deterred by the appearance, it has great ambience.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 4, 2020

Not sure how we stumbled upon this place a few years ago, but we always make sure we visit at least once while on the island. It's a mix of local and Chinese food, and it is so good. Portions are huge and prices are very reasonable. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

Total find. This little hole in the wall place has honest Hawaiian style food. Don’t be put off by the unpresupposing shop. The mixed plate I had here was the best meal I had in Hawaii, without reservation. This is the real thing. Take away to your Kaanapali hotel room and enjoy your authentic Hawaiian on the lanai as the sun goes down.

Reviewed December 18, 2019 via mobile

After snorkeling at Honolua, we wanted to find some authentic Hawaiian food. We did a search and this was what we settled on and we weren't disappointed. I like these hole in a wall places. When I see locals eating, then I know the food is good. The portions were generous and service was good and price was reasonable. If you're in the area, stop by here for some authentic food that won't break the bank.