“A little hidden gem in Lahaina”
Review of Espresso Italiano

Espresso Italiano
Ranked #7 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Lahaina
Cuisines: European, Italian
Forest Hills, NY
“A little hidden gem in Lahaina”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Upon recommendation I went to try the coffee in this little italian bar.
I ended up buying a cappuccino, a slice of delicious home made lilikoi cake and an espresso.
The cappuccino was very good. I would like to recommend smaller and thicker cappuccino cups for a true italian bar experience. The cake was very very good. The espresso was good too. A bit of a thicker cream would make it outstanding, but it is still very good and for those who love a strong cup.

Recommended to all those italian tourists that end up at Starbucks buying an espresso because they know nothing else. The coffee here is better and has more of a local atmosphere feel because it is not on Front Street. The owner is very friendly and hospitable. I hate to be continuously asked where I am from on the assumption that I am a tourist. This happens on Front Street in every other shop. She made me feel part of the community and it is a nice touch especially because I bet she relies on repeat business.

• Visited September 2012

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Classy & Friendly”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My new favorite place for my morning mocha. My mocha was particularly declisious & enjoyed it more than other mochas' I've had on Maui. It came in an oversize coffee cup brewed to perfection with whipped cream . . . it was divine. Also, the price was GREAT!

Visited September 2012
peoria, il
“Cute little coffee stop”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Get a little Italiano in Maui! Loved this coffee stop- tasy smoothies and sandwhiches to boot! But her homage baked goods are killer! All her recipes, she told me. Great stop off the beaten path!

Visited August 2012
Rovereto, Italy
“Good Coffee, Nice Service”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The coffee was good and they offer a cappuccino that is a perfect size, I'd say about 8 ounces. Most shops have a small that is 12 ounces and I think that is too much milk.
The pastries were also wonderful. We tried a crostata with mixed fruit and also an almond cake, both were delicious! The woman working there told us that she makes them herself. We also tried a banana bread and that was just alright.
We went there 3 times and there were 2 different people working, both were very friendly.
The shop is small and so we had to wait a bit but it was worth it.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank chekedin
Houston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Coffee”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The coffee here is great and very strong. The owner is very pleasant. Make sure you try her fresh Italian Pastries. This is in a very convenient location on Dickenson St, near Front Street. It is located near the Catholic Church,"Sacred Heart" which has Daily Mass at 7am. A great way to start your day is to attend mass at 7am in this Beautiful Catholic Church, then walk over to Expresso Italiano afterwards and hae a nice Latte.

• Visited August 2012