“Fun for anyone!”
Review of Maui Paddle Sports

Maui Paddle Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Maui from the local perspective. Take part in a unique Hawaiian tradition and feel the thrill of paddling an outrigger canoe. Enjoy a leisurely pace as you view Maui’s incredible coastline from the water. Your guides will tell the story of Polynesian navigation while searching for the ‘honu’ or Hawaiian green sea turtle and in the right season humpback whales! Take a ride in a traditional Hawaiian outrigger canoe- enjoy breathtaking views of Maui, Molokai & Lanai. Families as well as individuals and couples can all participate for unforgettable memories & incredible photo opportunities.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I did an outrigger canoe paddle with my brother-in-law and my nephews in December. Our guides Jamie and Mike were great and provided lots of local insight into the islands and ocean. They cater the paddles to ability and we wanted to jump off the black rock. We saw several honu on the trip and everyone had a great time! Mahalo to the guys!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We used Maui Paddle Sports services on our recent vacation to Hawaii. My three teenage daughters did paddle borarding and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My wife and I joined them aon a separate occasion to do a canoe trip. Mike and Kapena ( his actual Hawaian name is much longer) were friendly, knowledgeable and professional. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

It was an amazing experience and the crew was even better! George and Vae made it feel like we were out hangin with our buds. We laughed and told stories the whole time like we had known each other for years! We saw some turtles and one went right under the boat. Even Vae entertained us by falling out of the boat trying to catch a lilikoi....it was priceless. I would highly recommend this activity to everyone! It is a must do while in Lahaina for sure!!!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went on the outrigger canoe trip (about 90 minutes). We had a great time. We left in the morning so it wasn't too hot or windy, we saw dozens of sea turtles and our guides (Jamie and Mike) were awesome! They were knowledgable, funny and gave us lots of great advice for future activities and local recommendations. Although we did some paddling, the guides make sure that it isn't too exhausting. It was really relaxing and beautiful.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went out in the Hawaiian style outrigger canoes at 8am. Our steersman, George couldn't have been nicer. it was beautiful out, and he took us right to some huge turtles. He told us all about the West Maui Mountains, or Hale Mahina as he tells us they are known. We got to catch a few small waves, and he even shared his fresh pineapple and lilikoi fruit with us. All of the crew were super nice, and it was over all a really great experience. I wish I could start every day that way!