“Great Show - especially for families.”
Review of Kupanaha - CLOSED

Kupanaha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Kupanaha is Maui's only Magical Dinner Theater Experience. The fun begins with enchanting hula and amazing demonstrations of close-up magic right at your table. Jody Baran & Kathleen take you on a journey filled with wondrous mysteries of famous magicians of Hawaii’s past, original music and dance, and laugh-out-loud comedy.
Auckland, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Show - especially for families.”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We've just come home from the Kupanaha Magic Show and the whole family is rating it as a holiday highlight. I've gotta confess, I saw the brochures, ad's in the guides etc and discounted it as an activity to go to assuming it would be tacky, shopping mall type magic. We got tickets in the end as our hotel concierge service recommended it as really good for families. I am very happy to be wrong and so glad we went! The food was excellent, as were the drinks. I assumed it would just be the one each included in the price, but no, they kept on being offered right up until the show started. It is a good start and finish time so the kids aren't too tired to enjoy it and Jody and his team put on a great show. Fascinating and mind blowing illusions, interspersed with humour and hula dancing, a little bit of everything including the compulsory audience participation. No folks, those people are NOT plants. My husband was selected and had to hand over his watch for the whole smash and make it disappear routine. We are utterly gazumped as to how it then ended up inside the tin can, inside the box, suspended over the stage the whole time. My boys, 12, 8 and 6 just loved the whole evening. Well worth going.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not as much fun as the bar outside!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Having been in Las Vegas a number of times, I was not impressed with this venue. It's a magic/hula show which is a strange venue, and neither the magic nor the dancing was that good. The music was not live, which was a bummer for me and too loud. The food was decent, but short on vegetables. Drinks were included, but none of us drink. We decided to have a coffee at the bar outside the Kupahana room and that was a lot more fun. There was yet another hula show going on there, and we really enjoyed the half hour we were there for that. Live music, an excellent singer playing a ukulele and some children dancing. We asked the bartender about hiking trials, and he summoned a waitress who seemed to know of about a hundred! I wish we had spent the evening out there.

There was another hula show

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Francie S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Celebrated our 1st Anniversary with the BEST MAGIC SHOP EVER!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

A little introduction outisde before coming in. Got our pictures taken, Doon as we sat down, our appetizers were already coming out, then our dinner, & desserts, soft drinks, & alcoholic beverages which was remarkably fast & may I say AMAZING. Show was awesome. My daughter was able to go on stage and have fun with the rest of the kids, and at the end my other daughter who was shy & didn't go on stage was lucky enough to be apart of all the kids and got a balloon as well. Most amazing show and would recommend this for anyone with or without children. It's a MUST SEE show. AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING, especially with the black light, wear WHITE so you can glow..

Broadview Heights, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good Family Fun”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This past June 2014 our family and close friends enjoyed our 9 year old's birthday while on vacation in Maui. It was favorably located in Kaanapali Beach area and easy to get there. The show was interactive and engaging for both adults and kids alike. Our kids had a blast. The magic was good and kept all of us thinking how it was done. I recommend it as a good evening event that is different than other things on the island.

Visited June 2014
Camarillo, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Dinner and magic show”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We took two families to this show, and found it to be generally pleasing. Access was easy, and the performers were all very good at their craft. It was a nice change of pace from the typical beach scenery thing. They have done thousands of these shows, so their sleight of hand is pretty polished. The lighting is dim in the theatre, so expect to keep an eye out for the occasional bug flying into your food, and make no mistake, you are not going to get a gourmet meal here. The food was only passable. The first course was pretty good, but the drinks and the main course were passable at best, containing the only tough and mostly unseasoned fish we got on Maui, so focus on the magic when you go.