Hawaiian Rafting Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaiian Rafting Adventures is a full service dive shop and boat dive operator working out of Lahaina on the island of Maui, Hawaii.We offer a range of scuba classes from PADI discover scuba to TDI technical rebreather diving. Our boat does daily trips to the island of Lanai and along the Maui coast. Come enjoy scuba diving with Hawaiian Rafting Adventures!
Reviewed January 7, 2013

While visiting Maui during this past holidays, we went scuba dive with Hawaiian Rafting Adventures and I have nothing else but EXCELLENT service rating to post.

We purchased two tank dive for island of Lanai for a very reasonable price.

Their equipment was pretty new, their service was great, the crew members were extremely helpful, they took care of all gear/switching for both dives.

Our instructor turned upside down almost every loose stone at the bottom of the ocean to show us or hold something interesting and safe all the time.

They started with light breakfast and coffee in their shop located at 1223 Front St, Lahaina, they also had lunch and soft drinks for us between two dives, they washed off our own gear, took a lot of pictures that they posted on FB. We saw nice coral, lots of colorful fish and other creatures, lava arches, etc. Great dives, both of them.

On our raft-boat ride to the island itself we saw some breaches of humpback whales and that was an extra bonus free of charge!

I truly recommend this company, we went diving many times while visiting different places, with good or not so good service, but these people provided us with absolutely outstanding service!

Should I go back to Maui, the only company I would go to dive with, will be them again.

1  Thank ocean-fun-7
"white tip reef"
"dive companies"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I dove with them back in November but I am just now getting time to write my review. The captain (Steve) and the dive masters knew I was just certified so they went out of their way to make sure I had two great dives, one at Shark Fin and the other the Cathedrals #1. This is a great group with whom to do your first boat dives. I counted 4 crew members for only 10 divers on the boat. You get a lot of personal attention and they take the time to answer every question. Good attitudes, you can tell they really love what they are doing.

I am bringing my son with me to dive with these guys on my next trip to Maui.

1  Thank 1MtnTraveler
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Steve, Nick, Matt, Mark and Jason, all I can say is thank you. I have been diving for over 20 years back in the days I was in the Marine Corps stationed in Kaneohe Bay, HI. I have dove the world and let me tell all you viewers "this is your one stop shop for diving in Maui". Hawaiian Rafting Adventures (HRA) was recommended to me my my buddy Kirk who comes to Maui often to see his parents. He said he had experienced many of the dive shops on Maui and that I should not waste my time with any other shop that HRA was the only place to go. My wife and I came to Maui for an annual vacation where she wanted to get certified again (it had been a number of years since she did it before). I made contact with Steve (the shop owner) who gave us a code for Laura to complete the academic part prior to the check out dives. On Monday we drove to this small dive shop ducked next to the large snorkel shop on Front Street behind the Safeway Grocery Store. On the the great boat ride out to the island of Lanai. Mark was the dive master who was in charge of Laura's dive part of the course. Let me just say I am not an easy person to impress, but this young man impressed me. Mark (from our hometown of Fort Worth, Texas) was nothing but professional, funny, entertaining, methodical in detail, and completely patient in going over equipment and instruction with my wife. I went down on the first dive with Mark and Laura (I don't trust just anyone with the health, well being, and safety when it comes to the love of my life) at the Double Arches. As an experienced diver I watched Mark like a hawk and I was instantly comfortable with him helping, instructing, and educating my wife in this adventure. I was so comfortable that I took on with the rest of the divers on the 2nd dive at The 1st Cathedral. Steve is a magician with the underwater camera and nothing but a perfect tour guide showing us the underworld arena that many never get to see. On Tuesday we returned so Laura could finish her underwater training while I took to the recreational dive tour of the underwater paradise. I saw great amounts of fish at Shark Fin Rock and Steve arranged for Laura and I to get an underwater couples photo. Next we dove The Light House where we saw a white tip shark (nice fella and a big one too) and to top it all off Steve arranged for Laura and I to get another couples photo, but this time he gave us an Octopus to hold for the shot. Matt helped lead some of the other divers and a super nice kid from South Florida. Now I know this trip sounds like a great trip, but let me tell you guys about Nick. Nick is a local who puts that shiny 5th star on this 5 star adventure. Nick catered to our every need. If you were thirsty, there was nick like Johnny on The Spot with water, ice tea, passion fruit drink, coke, diet coke, etc. For our lunch Nick served us delicious deli sandwiches with BBQ flavored chips, orange slices, and cookies. One sandwich not enough, NO PROBLEM, because Nick was there with seconds if you wanted (Hey, I am a 6 foot, 220 lb Texas boy, I get hungry) and I did. Nick cared for the gear and had us prepped before and after the dives. Did I mention they took our gear to the boat and set everything up, provided wet storage AND dry storage for those delicate needs like my phone, wallet and my wife's clothes. Did I mention that Nick washes your gear at the end of the trip and when I say your gear I mean your gear in that I brought my own gear and he took care of it all. I am sure I am missing something and I hate that I am because a dive tour like this one is in the details and I don't want to do HRA any injustice by leaving out any great details on how wonderful this shop is. Steve and his crew put the Business in Small Business Ownership because they make you feel every one of your hard penny's spent here is money well spent.

1  Thank Jeremy S
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The dive experience was amazing. We went to the cathedral 1 and Shark fin rock. These dives are truly must do dives. I was awe struck.

Dive master was amazing, I think the shop owner, and may be more fish than man. He stayed underwater on one tank forever!

Best boat board dive briefing I've ever had.

Equipment was good on the boat (rental dive equipment for non boat use was not great).

Everyone was encouraged to stay down as long as their air permitted. You were not limited by the diver who was the biggest "hoover" which is usually me. In fact, my wife got an extra ten minutes bottom time for a change.

My only gripe with the place was the shop was a bit disorganized. The kid at the desk was focused more on the internet then the people (minor complaint, he was a nice kid).

All and all I would completely recommend this outfit for diving. You should feel safe as a novice and comfortable as an experienced diver.

Great dive Hawaiian Rafting Adventures! Thanks!!

2  Thank David S