“Best dive we've ever taken” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hawaiian Rafting Adventures

Hawaiian Rafting Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaiian Rafting Adventures is a full service dive shop and boat dive operator working out of Lahaina on the island of Maui, Hawaii.We offer a range of scuba classes from PADI discover scuba to TDI technical rebreather diving. Our boat does daily trips to the island of Lanai and along the Maui coast. Come enjoy scuba diving with Hawaiian Rafting Adventures!
Costa Mesa, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Best dive we've ever taken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Hawaiian Rafting Adventures is incredible. The equipment they provide is top-of-the-line (and all included in the low price, including the dive computer). The boat is FANTASTIC -- I didn't want to get off! The crew was friendly and helpful, and the divemaster, Steve, terrific. I don't normally purchase photos on a vacation, but the photos Steve took with his HUGE camera were irresistable. The dive sites (Dual Arches and 2nd Cathedrals) were beautiful. My husband, daughter, and I have been diving in Turks & Caicos, Curacao, Mexico, and now Hawaii, and this was by far the best dive we've ever taken (which surprised me because we didn't really think our best diving experience would be outside the Caribbean).

I highly recommend this company. If we ever come back to Maui, we will be doing this again.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank gadgetlady

San Francisco
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Nicest dive company ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Owner, son & DM are 3 of the nicest people I've ever met.

-Professional company.
-Most organized boat I've been on. -Personal wet & dry storage.
-DM sets up everything, rinses and was truly a wonderful person (I'm horrible for forgetting his name - I think it's Heath.) I didn't lift a finger.
-Long trip to Lanai, approx 45 min, stopped because we got caught in a dolphin frenzy. Very cool!
-Dives were great, spotted eagle ray, white tip reef shark, beautiful...
-Small groups of 4, felt very safe.

My daughter & I had such a great day that we booked the next day and went to Black Rock. Highly recommend this company.

2 Thank JenJSF
Pleasanton, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Miss Diving in Lanai with Captain Steve!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I first met Captain Steve and his son JJ at the Long Beach scuba show a month before my trip to Maui. I liked the idea of diving Lanai and wanted to try something a little different so I booked a day with him for my Maui trip.

I had an amazing time and wish I could have gone out a second day. You show up at a reasonable hour in the morning and it's located in Lahaina so if you're staying in Kaanapali it's super close. You arrive and hand over your gear and they do the rest.

The ride out to Lanai is about 40 minutes and their boat is very clean and organized. I think there were maybe about 9 people on our dive and we were broken into two dive groups. My DM was Heath and he was awesome, super friendly and made you feel safe.

Lanai is insane!! We saw a bunch of dolphins on the way out there and Captain Steve stopped for a good ten minutes so everybody could watch.

The reasons that I would recommend Dive Maui:

- Captain Steve has been doing this for a very long time and is considered the expert on Lanai diving.

- Their boat is big, new, clean and very organized with baskets to put your wet gear and dry boxes for dry storage and they even label them with your name on it!

- The crew is very friendly, and catered to everybody’s needs from beginning divers doing their certification dives, and advanced divers. I showed up, handed them my dive gear and they set everything up and even washed my gear for me.

- Warm water shower at the end of your dives is always a plus!

I've been on a lot of dive boats and will definitely return to Dive Maui when I'm back in Maui (Hopefully in Feb. for their wale diving trips)

Thanks Steve and Heath!!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank tmagnum000
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You really need to visit the islands you see from your deck on Maui.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

Capt. Craig and First Mate Andrea were awesome, fun and well informed on facts of Sea life and Lani locale. We have been to Maui several times and this cruise, all be it not as glamorous as some to Molokini was by far our favorite. Be sure to do the landing trip to really see Lanai's breath taking sites. Really a must see in our book.

1 Thank NanaT50
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hawaiian Rafting Adventures - A Divers Dive Operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

My wife and I are PADI dive instructors. We have been diving all over the world since 1976. We have been to dive operations in developed and under developed countries.

The staff of HRA was skilled and very friendly. The dive boat operators knew exactly were to go with various weather conditions. We had extreme weather due to a winter storm but they still found amazing visability. The operator stopped the boat twice for us to look at the whales, that was fantastic.

Their custom built dive boat is the best i have ever been on for the comfortable ride and access. The equipment was completely handled and rinsed for us, nice touch.

The retail shop is tiny but has more useful dive gear than i have seen in shop four times their size.

The are extremely well equipped for photography

Visited January 2011