“Star Noodle spot on”

Star Noodle
Ranked #16 of 264 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Serving Fresh House Made Noodles & Asian Specialties.
Victoria, Canada
“Star Noodle spot on”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We tried Star Noodle for lunch during our recent trip to Maui,. We attempted dinner one night but did not realize how busy the place is! We decided on lunch the following day instead and were able to get in (they also have a lunch rush though that we just beat).
The service was absolutely incredible as was the food. The restaurant is family style share plate and the food came our fresh and fast. My favourites were the steamed pork buns, pad thai, Vietnamese crepes and coming out on top was the kim chee ramen.
The following day we returned for dinner. They don't take reservations for parties under 5. We called ahead and put our name down when we arrived we only had a 10 minute wait, I definitely recommend trying this restaurant during your visit to Maui.

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Ambrosia - The bar is moved to the stratosphere”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Inexpensive, fresh, and innovative. Some of the best Pad Thai we've ever had...and the Tempura Shrimp is crazy-stupid good. Long lines/wait times, so it is best to either do take out, or put your name in and go shopping for an hour so that you don't have to wait and wait and wait for a table. Reservations for parties >5.

• Visited December 2013
Manzanita, OR
“One of my all time favorite meals.... ever”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Wow..... pause for reverence..... this place is amazing. I have some pretty wonderful dinning experiences in my food driven life and I must confess, this is one of my favorites. Seriously.

We came in (we had a reservation. VERY important safety tip unless you want to wait over an hour or two..) and sat at our table and watched the show began. The servers worked in perfect harmony with the kitchen and everything was like a beautiful well rehearsed play with the added benefit of delicious food. How much better does it get?

Our server, Chelsea, was very educated on the menu, (I think she got a master's degree in it) and was able to guide us to the most delicious dishes for our taste buds. She took the time to figure out what we liked and cater to that, even though the place was hopping! She or any of the servers, never seemed in a hurry or flustered and the food arrived like a symphony, with everything well orchestrated.

I highly recommend getting the garlic noodles with the special (If they have it that night) of the Mahi mahi in lillokoi cream sauce. Wow. What a revelation and perfect combo. Please do try the cocktails too. They are so creative and refreshing! We tried 4 different types and they were all good. Can't go wrong, just close your eyes and point. Yeah that will do. I also can't rave enough over the malasadas for dessert. OMG, I still think about those nuggets dipped in caramel sauce and nuts...... Star Noodle I miss you....

Please do not miss this place. I know it is busy but it is worth the extra trouble to get a reservation or go at lunch when it isn't so busy.

Langley, British Columbia, Canada
“Really enjoyed!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We were told to try this place by some locals, so pleased we did.
We are a group of 6 and did take out - my favorite dish was the pad Thai
We decided to do take out only because the line up was very long - so I recommend reservations well ahead. Put this on your list.

1 Thank Jen_M604
Stamford, Connecticut
“If in Maui, worth the trip to explore a bit of where the locals eat”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Recommended several people in Maui, we drove to Lahaina to try it. Somewhat off the beaten path in a office park like area near a trapeze park. It was full and we were offered the last 2 seats at the bar. Bartender was great and we enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was very good. Noodles tasted very fresh and really enjoyed the vietnamese crepe. Also, you can't beat that the noodles are made fresh everyday. BTW, we were told that the top chef Sheldon apparently sold the place and is now executive chef at a hotel in Wailea.