“Phenomenal food!”

Star Noodle
Ranked #13 of 275 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving Fresh House Made Noodles & Asian Specialties.
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We had the pad thai chicken and we loved it! Drinks were great and their donut holes will change your life! You must eat here!

1  Thank Agus J
Write a ReviewReviews (3,219)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

So many Maui choices, it seemed improbable to return to the same place the very next night. But, the repeat visit was worth it. The shrimp, pad thai and mushrooms were outstanding and getting take-away greatly simplified the effort. One mistake: the pork buns were inedible with so much fat that I threw them all away. (Not an easy decision when they were deliberately purchased as food for a long airline trip.) Reasonable prices for freshly prepared food. Easy walking distance from local shopping area.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

A frustrating experience. Same good food, but a total lack of professional management and respect for your customers. Or to quote Seinfeld, it is east to take reservations, the trick is to HOLD the reservation.

As I noted this was our third visit to this restaurant, and I wanted to share this experience with my handicapped father who suffers from MS and other challenges. Long story short he can not tolerate long exposures to overly hot situations, it leaves him exhausted. This is not as hard to deal with as it sounds, even in Hawaii, it just takes a little planning and understanding.

Aware of this we booked a reservation for 6 for a very late lunch at 4:00pm the next day, this was not a time we picked, this was a time that the restaurant recommended.

We arrived at the restaurant at 3:55 and proceeded to be parked outside in the hot parking lot for almost a full hour while we watched other smaller groups without reservations being seated and watch my father all but melt into complete exhaustion.

On my first request for an update (at about 20 minutes of waiting) I was told they were setting up the table and it would be 5 minutes.
On my second request as to what was going on (at about 40 minutes of wait time) a different lady at the door told me that my name was not on the list... I informed them that I had a reservation at 4 o'clock and had been waiting over 40 minutes and was not given any explanation, apology or other... simply "oh, ok, it will be another couple of minutes"

On our third request for "hows our table coming" we were finally seated in a restaurant that seemed to have lots of empty seats at several tables and the center communal "bar"

Once seated the food, was a good as we remembered it, but it even that took forever to arrive, our 4:00pm "late lunch" wasn't completed until after 6:45 and we did not order desert! If anyone had a reservation for 5 pm or 6pm that day, don't blame us for the 100 minute wait...

That just how this place rolls now.

1  Thank MauiFam83
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Absolute disappointment.

I would surely not recommend this restaurant to anybody. The food is an "American" Thai food and has nothing tondo with real taste and style of Asian cuisine.

Not tasty, not pleasant, no worth to visit.

If you hang out on Maui, you must see Thai Food in Hana (yep, quite a drive, but worth to do) as real Thai people cooks in poor tent corner, but perfect delicious!

Sorry Star noodle for telling that, but to us you are just a Noodle, not star at all.

1  Thank Honza_Horak
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We went one night and were told it was a 2 1/2 hour wait. Make a reservation or call ahead because the good here is ridiculously good. We came back the next night and every thing we got was better than the last. The shrimp tempura was out of this world, salmon appetizer mouth watering and all the noodle dishes were fabulous. A must try on Maui