“Don't skip Star Noodle when visiting Lahaina!”
Review of Star Noodle

Star Noodle
Ranked #14 of 268 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Serving Fresh House Made Noodles & Asian Specialties.
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We would have missed this gem if it wasn't for our bike tour guide pointing us to Star Noodle. Nestled back behind a strip mall and a local favorite, you won't hear about this place from your concierge, but you should.

Lots of delicious creative dishes and cocktails, you won't be disappointed!

Try the tuna app and the pad thai!

1  Thank MeaganD2

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I'm a big Top Chef fan! When I realized I would be able to eat at Sheldon's restaurant (he was one of my favs from Top a Chef Seattle) I was thrilled. The food was better than average but the waitress was so hateful that my night was ruined. :-(

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This restaurant has amazing food. We had the shrimp tempura, pad thai, and malasadas. We placed an order to go in the early afternoon, and it was ready in l5 minutes. It was all wonderful, but your life will not be complete if you don't try their shrimp tempura. Seriously.... a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

We are going to get food to take out for Christmas Day in our condo. It was the best tasting meal we had on Maui.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We actually changed our plans based on a recommendation from fellow guests at our table during the Old Lahaina Luau. My wife is a fan of Sheldon who apparently is the head chef and she saw him on the food channel. First, I can say that the food is good and the prices reasonable (for Hawaii). The restaurant is quaint but is in an industrial park area which is inconsequential but was unexpected for a supposedly nice restaurant. We were fortunate to not get a window seat since the sun coming in the west window during sundown can be blinding. We were greeted by a young woman who acted somewhat disinterested in us (not rude - just not friendly). However, the waitress we got was a terrible disappointment. At first she seemed nice, but when we ordered (one item for each of us and figured we would share) she snidely made a comment about how little we were ordering and she acted as if we committed a crime by only drinking water. My wife (who is quite patient) said her usual "maybe she is just having a bad day". However, even my wife was convinced we were targeted when a group of 3 sat at the table next to us and the same waitress was most polite and attentive to them. She did not even bring our food to us (someone else did) and the next time we saw her she came with the bill. No thank you or well wishes. I wish I would have addressed the issue with the manager but at the time we just wanted to leave. In nine days of vacation this was our worst experience dining.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This place lived up to the reviews. The food is great and as a result the wait can be long. The first night we tried to go we left because the wait was 1 1/2 hours. They only take reservations for parties of 5 or more but if you call ahead you can be put on the list so that is what we did the next night. . We had the pork buns, fried soup, chicken skewers, garlic noodles, shrimp tempura and malasadas. Everything was great, even my picky kids liked everything. The price was very reasonable too.