“Absolutely delicious food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Star Noodle

Star Noodle
Ranked #14 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Thai, Vietnamese, Singaporean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving Fresh House Made Noodles & Asian Specialties.
San Francisco, California
“Absolutely delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went to Star noodle with friends and absolutely loved this restaurant. You arrive at this restaurant and it's situated in an area that is somewhat industrial and desolate. It's not a touristy area at all, which is what we liked about it. We waited an hour for a table but the meal was worth the wait. I believe if you have a larger party (6), you could reserve a table but they didn't take reservations for a party of 4. The food is very fresh and delicious. The ahi avo is one of the best ahi dishes I have ever eaten. The noodle dishes are all fantastic and we really enjoyed the Pad Thai and the garlic noodles.

I would definitely return to Star Noodle the next time I am in Maui.

• Visited August 2012

• Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Everything was better than I expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had a bit of skepticism going into this one. After watching Sheldon on Top Chef my wife and I figured we should try this place but I was wondering if it was overhyped. I can say that it was not. I was a bit annoyed when they told me I'd have an hour wait, I mean a noodle house should be turning tables pretty quick..... I was pleased that I only waited like 20 minutes. My wife and I totally overdid it and order 5 items and then a dessert. The Filipono "Bacon and Eggs" was my favorite overall, it's way better than any bacon and eggs I typically eat. The "Hot & Sour" was really really good too, had a really unique sourness and a nice spicy kick, I would love a bowl of that right now. Another one worth mentioning was the Vietnemise crepe. Overall it's a bit pricey for a noodle shop, but everything in Maui is pricey so don't think about that and enjoy a nice range of unique spins on Asian cuisine.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington
“Wondeful Noodles, a good change of pace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I loved Star Noodle it was a good change of pace from all the seafood and steak Maui had to offer. The prices were very reasonable for Maui and the food was very good (presentation and taste)

The atmosphere is casual and due to the quality/price the line is usually an hour long. A tip is to call ahead and put your name on the wait list in advance (they don't take reservations).

I would recommend the Saiman, Pork Buns, Pad Thai, Fried Soup Noodle, and the Garlic Noodles.

Star noodle can be hard to find the first time you visit, it's towards the mountain!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“Too much pork fat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We heard and read the raves on this place, and thought we'd go an hour earlier before our dinner time since the wait is at least that long..We had the pork buns, the udon, the ahi avo, yakitori,garlic noodles, pad thai, malasadas, ice cream and mango pudding. When we bit into the dumpling, there was a fat slice of bacon (really a slice of fat, no pork meat on it at all)--I like a slight taste of bacon fat in some dishes, but this was fat overload..! The dumpling itself was quite good,if it had been smeared with a LITTLE bit of pork fat, it would have been fine with me. The udon soup was really thick and greasy, I'd hate to see the surface on that broth when the liquid is cooled off..!!!! The ahi avo was very good (the only somewhat "healthy" dish we had), the yakitori was OK, but I have most definitely had better. The garlic noodles tasted like the chef sprinkled in a bunch of garlic salt. The pad thai was OK, also have had better. If you like donuts, you'll love the malasadas--it's like a giant donut hole. I really liked the mango pudding, though. We also had the ice cream, but I'd recommend the mango pudding for dessert. That said, this restaurant does try to be different than what you have to choose from, and with prices between $3-$12 ($30 for rib eye--but in Hawaii are you really going to have beef??), it is reasonable. It's good for a one-time thing, but I wouldn't go back.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Melovechocolate
Tennessee
“Lived up to the hype”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

3 of us visited Star Noodle, and the wait was about 45 minutes. Hubs and son weren't too fond of waiting, but we drove around for a while until we got the text that they were ready for us. We were seated at the community table, which we didn't mind. It actually gave us a chance to chat with other folks who made some good recommendations. We tried the pork buns, which had a wonderful flavor, but were just a little more fatty than I was expecting. We also had a shrimp tempura app that was very good. The shrimp were enormous. We tried 3 noodle dishes, and I think each one of us had a different favorite. We tried Garlic Noodles, Pad Thai and Look Moore Fun. I was happy with everything! My husband normally won't eat Asian food, but he loved all the dishes, especially the Pad Thai. The Look Moore Fun was something that I had never seen before, and I really enjoyed it. The Garlic Noodles were fantastic, and my son wanted to order more of those. The service was very good. You just need to know going in that everything is served family style, and there is really no rhyme or reason to what dish you will get first. Maybe an app, maybe a noodle dish...Just roll with it and enjoy the ride. If any pace can get my Hubby to like Asian food, then they are a winner in my book!

Visited June 2013