“Beach at Puamana”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lahaina, Hawaii
“Beach at Puamana”
Reviewed September 27, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Aloha from Puamana,
The beach at Puamana shifts from one end of the property to the other from season to season. When the guest expecting a direct beach front property visited it had shifted 100 yards down to the Puamana Beach Park. All guests at Puamana receive a gate code which provides easy access to the beach park when the beach is at this end of the property. 216-2 is priced as a standard rate oceanfront property the daily rate is less than a partial ocean view hotel room and over a $100 less a night than newly remodeled 2 bedrooms like 226-2 and 160-4. Thus 216-2 is a exceptional value and we have many return guests book every year preferring to be oceanfront in a standard home versus garden view in a remodeled home. 216- 2 is currently being remodeled and will soon be a beautiful more expensive property.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Jan 9, 2018
Excellent advice - Mahalo!
Gerard M
“Property is Misrepresented”
Reviewed March 1, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

I was robbed of 3000 dollars because of a lie and misrepreststion of this property. I spent 500 dollars a night for 6 nights of what was supposed to be a relaxing vacation on a semi secluded beach within the puamana community that I confirmed with the host a week before I checked in. However, when I arrived, I was greated with nothing a large rocks along the shoreline. I attached two photos. One photos shows a sandy beach that they use on the their listings, but in the photo I took from that exact location shows an inhospitable rocky shoreline.

90% of the reason I chose this place was because of that sandy beach photo clearly taken from the community. Also Whalers lied when they deceitfully confirmed that there was a sandy beach in this community when there actually wasn't. I have a family of 5, including a 1, 7, and 10 year old who have never been to Hawaii. As many of us know, it can be a chore to gather up everything you need to take care of an infant on a beach and that's why I chose this place. I didn't want my family wasting time hiking around trails with 100 pounds of beach and baby gear like strollers, food, diapers,etc. I wanted to relax and be steps away from home base so my infant could be taken care of next to the beach. However, after spending the 7000 dollars to get my family out to Hawaii, I learned that I was lied to and my kids looked at me like I lied to them after I promised them a semi secluded sandy beach by our house. These people robbed us of the fond memories my kids were supposed to have on their first trip to Hawaii.

Secondly, the property has been in a steady path of decay and could've used a renovation 20 years ago. Kitchen appliances, counters, and cupboards are original from 1969. Looks like they hired a 6 year old to paint them recently. The carpet looked like it was also installed by a child. The master bath smells like mold and mildew, probably because the shower ledge needs about 3 bucks worth of grout, which is probably 2.85 over budget from what they want to spend to maintain the property by the looks of it.

The TV viewing experience is like going back to 1985. No cable box, tiny little screen in a grainy worse than SD resolution being viewed from a seat 25' away. When you pay 500 a night for a place, you should expect a lot more from a place than this.

TAKE MY ADVICE AND NEVER STAY HERE. THESE PEOPLE ARE ONLY AFTER YOUR MONEY AND DONT CARE WHAT IT TAKES TO GET IT. THEY LIE CHEAT AND STEAL EVERY WAY POSSIBLE.

Mark M
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Central AC repaired”
Reviewed November 9, 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Our apologies we wish the AC hadn't broken. The day of your arrival the inspector discovered the AC wasn't working we called the technician, parts were ordered from the mainland and we installed the bedroom AC's. These have worked well in the past even in the two stories as the cool air drops down the stairway cooling the entire property. When we discovered the system was shorting out we found another property with working AC to move you too. The pictures online represent the property, it is well appointed, clean and comfortable. This property is $100/night less than our remodeled ocean fronts, many guests enjoy saving the difference and spending the savings on activities and eating out. If you not concerned with price best to book the properties listed as Premium. We look forward to being of service.

Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Richard W
Cold Lake, Canada
“Never here again!”
Reviewed October 19, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

The unit's Central AC was not working (parts had been ordered for repair, but we were not given a heads up). Two portable units were temporarily put in the upstairs bedrooms, nothing for downstairs. The outside temps were in the high 90 degree F and humidity was also high. Inside temps were higher! The portable units clicked the breaker after a few minutes of use. Porch and patio lights were burned out, entrance lights also. Previous reviews told of upgrades but they are hard to see. The cupboards and counters are severely outdated. With the overall heat and humidity, we could not cook in the kitchen - just too warm without AC. The Walmart/Costco patio furniture is fine in its place, but does not compare favourably to any of the neighbouring units' furniture. This owner appears to "take" whatever money comes their way with no desire to upgrade or reinvest in the unit. I would pick any unit ahead of this one. The location and site are great, but we were very disappointed with tun it 216-2.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: No central AC
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
KS

Traveling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Aug 16, 2011
Aloha,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on your Puamana vacation. The owner just installed new carpeting and purchased new towels and linens for the unit. The unit definitely has a "fresh" feel to it.

All the best,

Whalers Realty Management
Texas
Reviewed March 28, 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 65+
Oregon
Reviewed July 22, 2010 for a stay in May 2010

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Jul 22, 2010
Aloha, thank you for your comments. The nice thing about Puamana's beach is there are no crowds. The beach area is located in the center of the property - accessable to guests and owners of the property. My apologies for the checkin confusion. We send everyone lock box codes with instructions before arrival - its a direct checkin. Go right to the door, the lock box is under the light and there are extra keys on the kitchen counter. This owner is always updating we will pass your notes along - she will be out to spruce things up. She just approved installation of a central AC system which will be superior to the current window units.
All the best,
Mark A. Marchello, R
Whalers Realty Inc.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing