“Great Dives, Great Divemasters”
Review of Extended Horizons

Maui Certified Scuba Diving Tour
$129.71*
Maui Night Scuba Diving Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Extended Horizons Scuba offers tours and lessons on Maui and Lanai. Established in 1983, we are unique because our instructor/guides have extensive environmental training, we are the only commercial boat on Maui running on 100% biodiesel, We are the only dive shop running on 100% solar, and we helped found and fund the Day Use Mooring Program on Maui which prevents anchor damage and creates and maintains moorings for the State of Hawaii for the public and private sector. And we love diving!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 12, 2010

All in all, we did eight dives with Extended Horizons... two boat trips to Lanai (4 dives), plus four shore dives, two of which were at night. We had just completed our certification prior to our trip to Maui and EH was great in making sure we were comfortable.

We saw both Cathedral dive sites, along with Sergeant Major and Wash Rock out at Lanai. We also did our first shore dive at Airport Beach, two night dives at Black Rock, and a night dive at Mala Whart. We got to see pretty much anything and everything we could have wanted to see... white tip sharks, countless moray eels (including a giant moray), crazy looking shrimp, spiny and slipper lobsters, squid, octopus, frogfish, sponge crabs, dolphins, etc.

Special thanks to the great crew -- Zoe, Steve, Victoria, Loren, Aaron, and Keith. We also dove with a competitor or EH and quickly realized how great EH's crew is.

There are newer reviews for Extended Horizons

Reviewed August 29, 2010

My first time diving in Maui. I searched the internet for a good company and found these guys. Their top three concerns were the same as mine so it was an easy choice. 1) They used bio-diesel in their boat (this boat is incredible too) which kept me from getting sick from the diesel smell (smelled like french fries instead) on the trip to Lanai AND it is good for the environment, 2) the staff was incredibly knowledgeable about the sea life and very respectful of it too, 3) SAFETY was their top priority while making the trip fun and memorable. I highly recommend them and will visit again on my next trip to Maui.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Extended Horizons provides a safe and friendly environment. I recently went out with them and being a relatively unexperienced diver i found myself concerned about depths, caverns, and safety stops. Although once i met the guides I became reassured and went on to have an amazing day of diving. The guides are both good divers and well educated environmentalists. This was by far one of my favorite dives I have gone out on and definitely plan on using them the next time I find myself on Maui.

Reviewed August 7, 2010

Captain Erik runs a tight ship and is very knowledge about the waters surrounding Maui and the other islands. I would classify the dives I went on as advanced. The advise I would give to a fellow diver is; do not go out if you have less than 5 dives. Captain Erik goes to some great dive spots; they are not for the beginner diver. The first dive was at 70 feet with some surge, the second dive was at 45 feet with even more surge. The marine life above and below the water was spectacular! The crew was extremely knowledgeable about the marine life and was constantly pointing it out to everyone. Do not let the simplicity of the dive operation fool you, the Captain and crew are extremely knowledgeable! I just wished I had book more dives with them instead of the cushy dive I went on; it was all flash but no substance! I would not hesitate for a moment to go on another dive with Captain Erik & his crew!

Reviewed August 6, 2010

We visited Maui during July 2010 and had the pleasure of expereincing four dives off the shore of Lanai with Extended Horizons. This is a first class operation! Clean boat, excellent dive sights, and the most knowledgable staff that I have ever met. Victoria, Zoe, and Maron pointed out rare species and enabled us to see many things that we have never encountered before. They take small groups of six with each dive master and put no more than 12 divers on the boat. Very, very safe and comfortable!!!! They tailored dives to meet requests when possible. EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT!