Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from $152.90
from $130.90
from $130.90
More Info
All reviews dive sites night dive marine life great dive bagels bio diesel captain victoria post dive reusable water bottles dive operation white board boat runs pre dive secret cove surface interval fish two tank
Reviewed June 10, 2010

The organisation was great - I will now insist that all dive masters and organisers are women! From the little animal/ reptile clips to identify each person's tanks and gear, to having fresh water containers to check the cameras, to having defoggers handy, to the table cloth - fruit- peanut butter snacks - they were all super duper. Furthermore they had the clever idea of writing on their board of all their findings and descriptions and attaching this to their facebook.

Due to my neck and back pains, they also helped me in and out of water which was really appreciated.

1  Thank KumquatDubai
Reviewed May 29, 2010

My husband and I dove 2 tank dives with Victoria, Maren and Captain CJ this morning at Knob and First Cathedral. Crew made us feel at home. Spotless boat, super organized, newer/clean gear - Extended Horizons are the pros. Victoria spent one-on-one time with both of us, giving my husband tips to conserve air (added 5 minutes to his second dive) and staying down with me on my second dive (I had lots of air left and everyone else had surfaced) to do my decompression stop along the reef rather than on the line. We saw an array of sea life and corals - Victoria was quick to point things out to us during the dive, ensuring that everyone in our group had a chance to take a look. The crew was extremely knowledgeable about endemic species, coral, plant life, etc. as they are trained naturalists AND underwater photographers. My husband has 30 dives and I have 12 (so we are a novice/intermediate couple) and we will definately dive with Extended Horizons when we visit Maui again. Shoutout to Victoria, Maren and Captain CJ for 2 memorable dives. Special thanks to Victoria for spotting the mating octopus. ~ Danielle & Jon

Reviewed May 26, 2010

We saw our instructor at the Shell gas station the day before we met him. Keith had a prosthetic leg and he was in a wetsuit getting gas. I told BF we should've taken a photo with him that day, but the next morning we had the pleasure (and additional two days) of diving with him for our OW (PADI Open Water) referral and night dive (5 dives total - $250 for OW and $90 for night dive).

I made reservations with Erik for the OW referral via e-mail and he was very professional about getting back to me and accommodating our hectic schedule (we were also there for a wedding). OW referral was $250 and one of those days was a Sunday!

The first two dives were at Airport Beach and the second day of two dives were at Black Rock and Kapalua Beach. Keith took us to Kapalua after checking out Mala Wharf (sunken pier with the sharks) and seeing the visibility sucked that day due to the weather. Luckily, we saw lots of fish and TURTLES! Keith got all of our skills in without hampering on our downtime and make the OW referral fun! He taught us how to improve our dive form and was writing on the slate like crazy naming all the cool scorpion fish, puffer fish, angel fish, urchins, etc. so we learned a lot underwater. I really appreciated that b/c he was actively teaching the whole dive.

Keith got a lot of photos of us underwater the second dive and took photos of the creatures on the nightdive. He guaranteed turtles and we saw lots of them sleeping in the coves of the coral and swimming by us.

I would definitely recommend doing your OW referral or any dive with Keith. He's fun, professional and you'll learn a lot. He really loves what he does! Thank you Keith!

Reviewed May 14, 2010

Got in 8 dives the first two weeks in May while in Maui with Extended Horizons. The staff were professional, very focused on safety along with educating us on the fish,coral etc. If you dove in one place before, they would try and dive in another location. I would not hesitate to go with Extened Horisons in the future......the pics they took really turned out very well.
Thanks Maren, Soe and Eric.
Dennis B.

1  Thank PlacervilleRN
Reviewed May 12, 2010

In March, 2010, I visited my girlfriend from high school who lives in Lahaina. She suggested that I go diving with Extended Horizons. Just loved Divemaster Extraordinare, Maren, and Captain Victoria. Maren took the time to ask each one of the divers if they had any questions or concerns on the way to our dive sites. Maren also explained what underwater life we might see. On the way out, we were treated with fresh local fruits, a selection of freshly made whole grain breads and peanut butter - tasted really good for breakfast out on the boat. I had Maren taken pictures of me and the next day picked the CD up at the photo shop. She is not only an excellent divemaster, but amazing underwater photographer as well. That particular day, we dove Cathedral One off Lanai and Mala Pier off Lahaina. Saw large turtles, white tip reef sharks, and many colorful fish. Started to hear sounds underwater and Maren pointed to her ear and wrote on her slate "Whale Sounds!". We didn't see any as they were probably miles away, but the sounds were an unforgettable experience. Being a diver since 1974, I have to say this is definitely one of my very best dive experiences. Go with the best - Extended Horizons!