“Fantastic!”

Maui Certified Scuba Diving Tour
$129.71*
Maui Night Scuba Diving Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Extended Horizons Scuba offers tours and lessons on Maui and Lanai. Established in 1983, we are unique because our instructor/guides have extensive environmental training, we are the only commercial boat on Maui running on 100% biodiesel, We are the only dive shop running on 100% solar, and we helped found and fund the Day Use Mooring Program on Maui which prevents anchor damage and creates and maintains moorings for the State of Hawaii for the public and private sector. And we love diving!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great people, unique experience, great dives. Knowleable about marine life. Thorough on safety. Jenna and Mark were great as was Jaret (el capitan)!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

As a former scuba instructor on Maui, I'm picky when it comes to diving and customer service but E.H. was top notch in every respect. The gear was in great shape (dive computers, shorty wetsuits, new BCD's, comfortable weight belts) and the guides were above and beyond what was needed to ensure a fantastic Hawaiian experience.
I took my certified 16 year old son and the instruction and attention to marine life was educational without being heavy handed. Days later, he's still talking about the dolphins we saw and some of the more interesting fish. The boat runs on Bio Fuel, they teach conservation and preservation as well as taking you on the best possible dive available to the daily conditions. Breakfast between dives was healthy and yummy, getting into gear was organized in an efficient fashion and everything was tailored to making our experience better, including sunglasses holders swinging from netting on the ceiling. As a Scuba Instructor who has over 3,000 dives in Hawaii, I highly recommend this Class Act!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I dived with Extended Horizons at the beginning of June and thought they were excellent. We hired full kit from them, which was good quality and in good condition. They also gave me a hooded vest to dive with when I said I usually felt the cold, even with a thermal rash vest. (If this sounds like you and you’ve never dived with a hood before, I strongly recommend it! Initially it felt a bit odd, but I can’t believe how much difference it made. You’ll see that all the DMs dive with them too.)

We had heard that Maui can be good for sighting Manta rays. They recommended that we do a morning scooter dive for the best chance of seeing these. This was a shore dive where it was just my husband and I with the dive master – Steve. He was good fun, but still put an emphasis on safety, which is always reassuring. Initially, I wasn’t sure what I would think of diving with a scooter, but I must say it was actually really fun and largely compensated for the fact that we sadly didn’t see Manta rays (boo!).

The next morning we went on a boat dive out to Lanai. On the way out we actually passed through a pod of spinner dolphins, which was a good start to our day. The boat wasn’t huge but was perfectly adequate for the size of the group (10 divers across 2 DMs). The dive instructors and the captain, Erik (who I gather was actually the owner of the company) were all extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. Our DMs, Jenna and Jarett, were great and gave very informative dive briefings, again with a reassuring emphasis on safety. With such small groups, you could always get in on what the DMs were trying to show you. They also extensively used underwater slates to communicate with us.

A final observation; diving in Hawaii is the most expensive diving we have done anywhere in the world! (so far at least.) It was very good, but not epic (compared to Red Sea for colour and variety; Sipadan Borneo for big (and some unusual) stuff). But the prices everywhere in Hawaii seemed pretty much the same, so this was not really a distinguishing factor between choosing a dive operation. So in light of that, if you’re diving in Maui we would definitely recommend Extended Horizons!

Thank C.Weeks
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were 8 divers and 4 staffers on this boat - a pretty good ratio! All the staff were highly trained, personable, and extremely safety conscious. I especially appreciated their naturalist orientation and commitment to the environment. Diving the "cathedrals" was quite an experience. I highly recommend.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We booked with EH based on a recommendation of another Lahaina dive shop that we were shore diving with. We wanted to boat dove out of Lahaina versus driving all the way down to Kehei. What an excellent recommendation. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our diving with EH. Captain Matt and dive guide Jenna rock!

The surface conditions that day were far less than desirable and they adjusted as necessary to insure a safe and enjoyable dive for all. We headed over to Lanai's 2nd cathedral enjoyed watching a large pod of spinner dolphins, followed by a relaxed and excellent dive. Jenna really takes the time to get to know each diver, their likes/dislikes and more. During the dive, she really goes out of her way to identify every possible creature under the sea. The relaxed pace affords a relaxed dive with long bottom times.

I watched Matt and Jenna work together very well as team. Jenna may be a little gal, but don't let that fool you, she keeps that dive boat in tip top shape and kept the entire dive running smooth without making you feel rushed at all. Note to the ladies...there in hand sanitizer in the bathroom! Score! And the bathroom is spacious!

Jenna worked hard and even entered before each dive to make sure the condition were suitable. Matt had his work cut out for him with the surface conditions that day. After our surface interval and great breakfast, we headed back to Maui as to avoid the conditions getting worse as time passed. The water was rough, but Matt handled the boat very well and all of the divers were easy going and positive about it.

We did our 2nd dive a Mala Pier where I saw, for the first time, my "dislike"....a shark. Jenna approached me under water, reached for my hand and made the symbol for shark. I'm glad that I experienced it and I'm glad it was just resting on the sand. I'm also glad Jenna understood my apprehension and she made the situation calm and enjoyable.

Unfortunately on this dive, my weights fell from my BC and I ended up slowly surfacing from about 30'. Within seconds Jenna noticed, retrieved my weights and met me at the surface. We corrected the situation and descended again to continue the dive. These type of things happen sometimes, but its the reaction that matters. The fact that she was immediately aware and handled it is what makes the difference.

Lastly, at the end of the dive they fill out a white board with all of the dive info to help complete your dive log. From beginning to end, our experience with EH was excellent. My husband and I both agree that EH is the best boat dive experience that we have had to date and have every intention of diving with them upon our future returns to Maui. Thanks Eric, Matt, Jenna and the rest of the crew at Extended Horizons!