“LuLu's came through”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Our research mission to find the best Foo Foo drink on Maui led us to LuLu's at the Lahaina Cannery Mall. First stop my wife, nickname of Lu, had a helpful shift manager secure souvenir shirts. When he learned of our holiday research project, the staff touted their signature drink served in a pineapple. But we were bound for the Banana Bread Lady & said we'd come back another time. When we stopped in again & ordered, the server said sorry, out of pineapples. "We drove all the way from Kihei for this drink," Lu says, "the grocery is right next door why don't you go over and get some?" We were kinda joking. Server says: I'll talk to my manager. Manager says: Yes, I'll send someone over to get pineapples. It was the most unique drink in our search & for their customer service, we're happy to recommend LuLu's.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I can understand why people didn't like this place. You need to understand something about Maui, and Hawaii in general. They run at their own pace. If you live in a big city like LA or Chicago and come here expecting the same level of service, you're going to hate everything about the islands. You need to relax a little bit. That being said, service was on par with what I just described. Tim, our server, and fellow Badger, was great. We were some of the first people in for breakfast, and the place started to quickly fill with tourists and locals. Tim did a great job of managing multiple tables both inside and out. He made a great recommendation for a Pog mimosa, which after tasting my wife's, I had to grab one.

Both of us were very impressed but the breakfast as well. My wife had the big breakfast with kaula pork, eggs, and ham. She couldn't even finish it there was so much food. I had the Tuscan Sun which was a great blend of eggs, sausage, and peppers. I was almost licking my plate clean.

2 full stomachs, 2 great drinks, and under $35. This was our last stop, but will be our first on our trip back in a few months.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We ate our first meal in Maui, this trip, here. We were very disappointed given the previous build up from reading reviews. The service was spotty at best, unless your there to play pool, the food is not even average. The overall establishment is just not all that clean. I predict closure within 6 months!

1  Thank johnrob7
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We are Here on a second honeymoon and we had no expectations whatsoever. We sat outside for some privacy and wad net by a "professionally relaxed" waiter named tony. We ordered the common stuffed French Toast and the black and blue and ahi benedict. Oh my goodness they turned common into extra ordinary. flavor combinations that melted in your mouth. Will be back tomorrow.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Love to go to LuLu's on Thursday night to hear Scotty Rotten's group. Food is very reasonable and good!