“great place to take a break”

LuLu's Lahaina Surf Club & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Francisco, California, United States
“great place to take a break”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

i stopped by after shopping and found that this is a fantastic place. food was good great drink selection and fun atmosphere. Timmy our server was great and made it a very fun experience. this server in particular not only had great advice towards the menu but also made it so i will be coming back again during my trip. i would highly recommend a stop at this place and try the peel and eat shrimp it is a must have.

Tacoma, WA
“LuLu's Yum and Wow”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was invited to lunch today with some new friends. They had eaten at LuLu's yesterday and thought it was worth seconds. I agree. It should be noted that the fish tacos are actually more of a wrap but simply delicious.

Our waiter, Tony, let us know this before we ordered just in case it made a difference. We each had something different and shared tastes. The Pupu prawns were both beautiful and amazing tasting!! Just know ahead of time that this is an appetizer but the four big prawns are tasty enough for a light lunch.

The tropical salad looked and tasted yummy! The chicken tenders had the lightest crust I have tasted on a fried food in a long time. We had both garlic and volcano fries. They were both super.

The staff overall went above and beyond. Tony was efficient, attentive, and very friendly. The manager Sly came to the table to check on us and welcome my friends back for round two. He even gave us a preview of the evening crab feast by showing us one of the still frozen Dungeness crabs. Very good size! The chef made a stop by the table too when he heard one that one of our party fishes in Alaska. He is very interested on possible resources for the freshest and finest. Apparently Salmon is one fish that does not swim in this direction!! The bartender stuck his head out the window (we requested the outdoor area) for a minute to see if our drinks were to our liking.

All in all I have not enjoyed a simple lunch this much in a long time. I have eaten at far more expensive restaurants and not had half the service or flavor! I will be returning! I do not do social media but I will also be passing the word!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best of Trip”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had the best meal of my 7 day Maui trip here! Had the pulled pork, the macadamia shrimp and a great cocktail. Very friendly and knowledgable staff. Very reasonable prices.

• Visited September 2013
“LuLu's is AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is one of my favorite spots in Lahaina. The people that work there definitely make it so much better! Food is great, and on Thursdays, they have a fantastic band!

Santa Rosa, California
“Things have changed”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

In November 2012 we went to Maui for the first time, and found this restaurant next door to a Starbucks. The lunch was very good, and the service was exceptionally friendly. The owner made sure he visited every table, and we had a great experience.
In September 2013, we were eager to return for another great experience. This visit was quite different, maybe because the owner wasn’t there. A young man took our order, and we never saw him again. Someone from the kitchen delivered our meals, but there was nothing to drink…… neither complimentary water, or the drinks we ordered. Unlike in September, the food was nothing special; and neither of us finished our meal. We tried to get someone’s, anyone’s…. attention, but the staff was more interested in flirting at the bar than serving customers. During this time, we saw another couple seated at a booth; and after waiting quite some time with no one taking their order they just left . A waitress finally came over and presented our bill, thankfully with no charge for drinks. We shared how incredibly different our experience had been than previously. She informed us that the waiter who had taken our order simply dropped it off at the kitchen, and had gone home! She apologized for his performance, saying he was still in training! He apparently didn’t hand off our table to another of the wait staff, and apparently the remaining staff didn’t get it figured out either until much later! I can’t help but wonder if this establishment was sold, and is now being operated by someone who doesn’t know the restaurant business. No problem……. there are lots of other very nice restaurants in Lahaina.

• Visited September 2013