“amazing!”
Review of Pulehu

Pulehu
Reserve with OpenTable
Pulehu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 278 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Pulehu, an Italian Grill, presents traditional Italian cuisine with a local sustainable twist. Overlooking the koi pond gardens of The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas, the resort's talented team of chefs partner with local farmers and growers to offer only the freshest ingredients that Maui has to offer. This 6-year Maui No Ka 'Oi 'Aipono Award winning restaurant is also known for its vibrant and thoughtful wine list. Complimentary valet parking available.
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Good food, very nice atmosphere and outstanding service .. youll be addicted to this little secret. Located inside the New Westin Kaanapali Resort Villas, under the North lobby. We didnt have any reservation so we were advised to wait 10 minutes at the bar before we get seated. Michael, the bartender was an absolute delight, he kept us entertained with utterly delicious cocktails, walked us through the menus and gave us very helpful tips on the island. I tell you, if the stool was comfortable we would have stayed at the bar. Hostess walked us to a very nice comfortable booth, the night was filled with great food, great wine, a very funny, attentive and resourceful waitress name Monique. The manager came by to check on us and we had only very positive things to say to him. Overall .... 100% Awwwesomeness!

1  Thank Lana I

Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was recommended for us to go there. My boyfriend who never orders chicken ordered chicken. He swears it ws the best he ever ate. I had the lobster carbonara. Plenty of lobster buy way to rich for my liking. I ordered a grey goose martini! And having had plenty of them, sure didn't fast like grey goose. Atmosphere was nice since we were seated by the water, but entire place was too bright for fine dining. No problems with service, I fact it was AAA. Overall, it's a good place to eat, but if you want to spend $$$ for a special dinner don't make it here. Plenty of other tru fine dining restaurants.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My Girlfriend and I happened upon Pulehu looking for a good Italian meal that we were craving and found an Elegant Hostess that made us feel more than at home.
The lasagne was top notch as I always judge a good Italian restuarant by it's lasagne and was'nt dissapointed, but the impession I was left with was all about the Hostess, Elyse.
I'm still not sure that she wasn't the G.M. the way she was took ownership of the ambiance and floated through the place like Majestic Royalty.
Elyse would make any business shine .
Bravo, Pulehu.
You made our night .
Elagance and Grace in Lahaina :)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We just had dinner at Pulehu. The service was terrific, particularly the hostess, Elyse, who was so helpful.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I decided to try this Italian restaurent last night based on previous trip advisor reviews.
We opted for the three course meal and were not disappointed. We both had the ceasar salad that was made freshly with nice crisp romaine, lovely parmesan and a very tasty dressing.
I opted for the lasagna which was close to the best I have ever tasted (best was in Stratford-upon-Avon years ago in a small locally owned restaurent). My husband had the spaghettini and meatballs and was the best he has tasted. We both had the warm chocolate cake.
For two with soft drinks was over $120.00 but the food was worth the treat.
Now, why I am not giving this one a full excellent.
When I ordered my dessert I asked for a pot of hot tea with milk and sugar. A young busboy brought me a pot of hot water and a tray of teas, I asked him for milk and he said right away. I waited and then my waiter came to deliver our desserts, once again I asked for milk and he looked a little surprised and left. I waited for atleast another 5-7 minutes with no one in sight. I then had to flag down the hostess to ask for milk, she also looked surprised and perhaps a little miffed but she politely said right away ma'am and brought it to me --- right away!
For this price, in this setting, I really should not even have to ask for milk to begin with. Small irriration perhaps but after asking four times for some milk this place does not deserve an excellent from me.