“Delicious food, excellent customer service, beautiful location!”
Review of Pulehu

Pulehu
Reserve with OpenTable
Pulehu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 278 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Pulehu, an Italian Grill, presents traditional Italian cuisine with a local sustainable twist. Overlooking the koi pond gardens of The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas, the resort's talented team of chefs partner with local farmers and growers to offer only the freshest ingredients that Maui has to offer. This 6-year Maui No Ka 'Oi 'Aipono Award winning restaurant is also known for its vibrant and thoughtful wine list. Complimentary valet parking available.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Food was very, very good. Seafood risotto was exquisite with generous portions of seafood. Husband had traditional Lasagna, it had a spicy quick to it that was fabulous. The decor and ambiance was excellent, overlooking a koi pond and the beautiful gardens of the Westin Ocean Villas. But above the food and decor was the service. Our server Benji, was so on top of it, that when I asked about the bruschetta that was pictured in our elevator, he first told me it was an old add and that the new chef did not have that on the menu. However, within 10 minutes time, he came by to serve us a (very similar to the picture) bruschetta that the chef had created especially for us with his compliments!! It was ever better than the one in the picture, and the thoughtfulness of Benji to relay the message!! I wish we had gone there the first night in Maui, rather than our last. We would have definately returned several times during our stay. We will certainly be back during our next visit to Maui. Although we were too late for the very reasonably priced early bird selections, the prices were VERY COMPARABLE to other beautiful restaurants in Maui! The food, decor, and service, however were much higher!! Thanks for a wonderful evening Benji and Chef!

1  Thank smontero

Reviewed October 9, 2012

No complaints- great place to eat. Loved the view from the patio. Large portions of food. We brought the leftovers to the room and had them for lunch the next day.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Visited the restaurant because it was conveniently located in the same hotel we were staying in and saw favorable reviews in trip advisor.

I had a mixed eperience. The wait staff was attentive and pleasant and professional and the atmosphere was of a higher end restaurant. The prices surprisingly enough did not match my expectations based on the ambiance. I expected the prices to be much higher. With that said, you have to put it in perspective. You are in Maui. Nothing is inexpensive, espacially fine dining.

The Italian Menu was limited. Not too many choices. In my opinion, more of an ecclectic menu rather than Italian. I ordered fried calamari as an appetiser that was hyped to be excellent. I found it to be average at best. Much better calamari at Dukes down the road. My wifes Steak was tender and tasty. I ordered the Pasta in a Carbonara sauce with Lobster. Other than my initial disappointment when I received thin spaghetti rather than Fetuccine I have to say that it was one of my better meals in Maui and probably the best Carbonara I have had anywhere.

So why a mixed experience? In my opinnion, I didn't feel that the Menu reflected a true Italian fare. I love fried calamari and expected better. On the poitive side, The best Carbonara sauce I have ever had. If I stay in the hotel again I would visit Pulehu again.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We both had the Molokai Shrimp (heads included) with risotto. Very good. Dining area can be breezy. Service was OK.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had a great dinner here, but it is pricey. We took advantage of the special they have for early diners between 5:30 and 6:00 pm. It included an appetizer, entree, and dessert. Great service too