“First-time Spearfishing. Amazing experience!”

Top Shot Spearfishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With locations on Maui and Big Island, Top Shot Spearfishing is proud to offer the most unique and unforgettable spearfishing excursion in Hawaii. Our professional spearfishing guides train on safety, speargun control, freediving form, breathing techniques, fish identification, and many other techniques that will have you spearing fish quickly and safely. We are proud to focus our efforts on removing invasive fish from Hawaii's reefs and we are confident that your spearfishing excursion with Top Shot Spearfishing will be the experience of a lifetime!
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is truly well-run. Jeremy is professional, and is well organized from booking your trip to them, to following up after. Jeremy and Peter are excellent teachers, and made the experience very comfortable. They love their craft, and pass along a wealth of knowledge. We will definitely be joining them again and again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Thanks to Jeremy and Pete I walked away knowing more about spearfishing then when I arrived. The experience left me wanting more. There in-depth knowledge of the sport will make anyone of any age feel comfortable. When your in the water the coral and sea life is stunning. The spear fishing is exciting and I will definitely be going again and again!!
Thanks again Spearfish Maui!!

1  Thank jessenorsworthy
Reviewed April 10, 2013

For my vacation to Maui, I did a number of activities because I wanted to make it an adventure. Spearfish Maui & our group's instructor, Peter, gave me exactly the kind of experience I was hoping for. Actually, better than I was hoping for! Peter was was very informative & the tips on breathing techniques were especially helpful. It made the experience much easier than I thought it would be. Initially I didn't think I would do too well, but from the start to the end my abilty to hold my breath & dive deeper for longer improved quite noticeably. When we were out there, I felt like we were indeed a group of hunters searching for prey (I'm not a fan of fishing, where you sit around bored on a boat waiting for something to catch). We saw a variety of fish & a few turtles. I was ecstatic when I actually speared my first fish, an O'ili aka Barred filefish. Bringing home the dinner baby! Maybe not a full-time hobby, but I definitely plan on making spearfishing a recurring once-in-a-while activity of mine thanks to Peter & Spearfish Maui. As soon as payday rolls around, I plan on taking them up on their offer for discounted gear for former customers :)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Jeremy is a wonderful teacher of this sport. He has given me a better appreciation of the sport, and knowledge to excel with my diving. I highly recommend this adventure to anyone. There is lots to learn to even more to see. Got to dive with turtles, a Monk seal, and a (totally harmless)Black-tip shark. Excellent reef for snorkling. Wish I did the evening dive Jeremy offers. Next time for sure.MAHALO JEREMY

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I took a trip to Maui for our anniversary. We went on a few excursions, but the spear fishing was the best adventure we had, and the highlight of our trip! Jeremy was very knowledgeable and explained breathing techniques and safety issues before we got in the water. He had all the right equipment and he won our trust quickly. I especially valued his experience with the terrain as he took us through a reef and showed us where to fish. We saw a variety of fish, eels, and sea turtles. I even got a shot at a barracuda! I was so excited about my experience that it is motivating me to open my own spearfishing business in my home state.