“Bad experience....” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
“Bad experience....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Last night was the third time in one month that I tried to have dinner at the Lahaina genki resturant and did not enjoy it. The service was slow, they were out of the most popular items, and the person making the sushi was extremely slow. My family and I (6 of us) love your sushi selections, but three times they were out of tuna salad, salmon skin, seafood salad, treo bowl, chicken and shrimp. The sushi line going around had limited selection and some of the items were on there going around and round for the whole hour. There was Sashimi salmon and Ahi that were all dried up because they were on there too long. The resturant was pretty full when we got there but a lot of people started to leave. We waited about 15 minutes before the waiter came to take our order. Every item I wanted he said ran out and as I was about to ask him a question, he started talking to another waiter across the resturant then just walked away and never came back. We waited for about ten minutes then I asked another waiter if we could order and he took our order. I would have took my family and left, but my 2 yr. Old boy loves the egg sushi. Eventually we got some items that were available and left. While paying the bill I asked for a manager, but the guy at the register said he was busy. We live in a small town and if this continues they won't be in business too much longer. Once, twice, but not three times in one month. I don't know what happened but it used to be good but not anymore.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
“Ok, but Kahalui one is better.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Few choices and service was more interested in chatting among themselves then in service. Food has a lot of sauces and "spicy" tuna was bland. The Genki Sushi on the other side of the island is far superior, as are the ones on Oahu.

Visited October 2012
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor quality. Ok and quick service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Sushi quality is bad. Service was quick. This is a fast food version of sushi.

They have a conveyor belt that carts around dishes or you may order freshly made items. This is more of a novelty than anything. Made to seem "fun", this novelty is meant to distract customers from the sheer fact that the food quality is very poor. Stay away if you love sushi, as this is almost a sin against the art.

Visited October 2012
Lahaina, Hawaii
“CHEAP!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Good quality fish for the price, it's SO cheap! Great for a quick lunch.
Try the tuna and salmon sashimi and the tempura green bean nigiri.
Has one of those cool conveyer belts that brings sushi around, but I prefer to just order from the waitress..

Visited September 2012
Roseville, California
“Cheap franchise sushi”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Don't go here because it's so cheap. You get what you pay for unfortunately rings true for Genki sushi. Took my family here right after leaving the airport because other reviews recommended it because of price. I'm not very picky and can do without fancy atmospere, but this was a little too spartan. On first view you think you're getting a deal when you look at the menu and the prices. Once your food arrives, in our case after a 20 min. wait, you see why the prices are so low. Portions are very small and you will leave hungry. We spent more time here ordering and waiting for our food than we did at the airport and the car rental counter.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Been to Genki Sushi? Share your experiences!