“Great views but average over priced food”

Black Rock Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Rock Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 274 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Honoapiilani Highway
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Views of lanai and molokai from restaurant were fantastic. The atmosphere and ambience get a 5*. The food was just over priced and not that great. $52 for a small piece of mahi mahi and 6 oz filet? The filet was cold and tasteless. I'm not expecting to have great beef on an island but you can't charge that price and receive what we got. If you are going to spend over $100+ for two people drive to Mama's fish house in Paia and have a great time.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have no qualms. I just think that paying $50 for one entree and a glass of wine a bit pricy. I live in the San Francisco bay area. We have some of the best restaurants in the world. This food was not on par,with the restaurants that I frequent, even though the fee was similar.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

In the Sheraton, decor is open and nice, staff friendly. Again we were surprised that for an island with great seafood - there was very little seafood on the menu.We had very average scallops and pasta, seafood chowder, only water with the meal for an expensive $100! Very unexciting.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The sirloin and lobster is amazing! The sirloin is such a good quality cut, that it actually has the tenderness of a filet mignon cut. The flavors are wonderful. If you choose the baked potato, it comes with all of the fixings for a loaded potato. The mashed potatoes are super creamy. Their chicken dish is phenomenal too. It's panko crusted and stuffed with goat cheese. It just tastes so darn good! I don't like onions, but their maui onion soup is so tasty! I found myself craving it all the time. The chocolate coconut checkerboard cake is amazing! The atmosphere was wonderful and the staff was great! Definitely one of the best dinners you can find. The food and service is worth the price. Just a tip, if you eat there between 5:30 and 6:30, you get buy one entree, get one half off, so make a reservation! Enjoy!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We went for the seafood while our friends preferred meat. Both were plenty and well cooked. Good value