“Fabulous Shave Ice!”
Review of Local Boys West

Local Boys West
Ranked #5 of 25 Dessert in Lahaina
Good for: Families with children
Description: A must for visitors and locals alike! Our shave ice is made old style with soft fluffy shaved ice saturated with a wide variety of delicious flavors. We offer ice cream on the bottom, mochi, azuki beans and cream over the top all at no extra charge. You won't find shave ice as good as ours anywhere else on the island. This is the real deal, you'll keep coming back for more! We also sell Roselani ice cream and many other local favorites. Try our location in Kihei too.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I tried shave ice at several locations around Maui. Local Boys West was by far the best. I had a hankering when I was in Lahaina & I knew it was the last one I would have before I left the island. I looked at a few shops, but knew this was the right one because they were selling t-shirts that say, "I love Local Boys West!" so I figured they were good enough to have an adoring clientele.

The woman who worked there was upbeat and enthusiastic. She explained the various freebies in the basic price (choice of ice cream scoop, mochi or adzuki beans) and let me taste stuff before I made my choices. (I went with mochi only) The freebies make this a better buy than all the other places I went to.

Most importantly, the shave ice syrups were full of flavor. Unlike many places which taste super sweet with not much flavor, Local Boys West had intense flavor bursting in each bite. I picked pineapple, lilikoi (passionfruit), and tamarindo. The combo was great.

One other thing I liked was that there was a place to sit and listen to music while I shared my shave ice with my partner.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The kids absolutely loved this! I wish we had one of these back home. :) I definitely recommend getting ice cream in the bottom. Very friendly too

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I made it a point to stop here for shave ice because of the rave reviews "Maui Revealed" gave this place. While this was my first experience with authentic shave ice in Hawaii, I did not know any better. Yes, it is tasty. Yes, they to chill their syrup, but it does not seem to be handmade. My second trip was very disappointing. A large group was served before me and after waiting over fifteen minutes, I was informed they had just run out of the cream. No snow cap for me. I then discovered Ululani's which is a much better option for shave ice. Check out their reviews.

1  Thank ColoradoBuffGal
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great flavors on the shave ice but was super stingy on the ice cream in the bottom. They will offer you a chose of flavors for the ice cream so that was nice.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Took the whole family almost every day! Girls were helpful with the kid's. Flavors were great and we enjoyed it. Can't wait to go back next year!

Been to Local Boys West? Share your experiences!