“Great Low Key Restaurant”
Review of Betty's Beach Cafe

Betty's Beach Cafe
Ranked #58 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Low Key Restaurant”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Found this little place for breakfast. What a great little place in hectic Lahina. The setting and the view is as good as any of the places in the heart of Front Street with a very casual setting. The food was very good, the restaurant was extremely clean with a soectacular setting. Worth trying!

• Visited June 2011

Hawaii
“Great view - food okay”
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Last week my wife and I stopped for lunch at Betty's because it was one of the few reasonably priced restaurants in Lahaina that we hadn't tried yet. Betty's has a great spot towards the east end of town with wonder views of the ocean. The day we went the place was not very busy which made for a good place to relax.

I've read some mixed reviews and would say we side with those who weren't overly thrilled with Betty's. My wife had Betty's garden salad while I had the Teriyaki chicken breast sandwich. We each thought our meal was good but nothing special.My major complaint would be that the teriyaki sauce made for a very messy sandwich. After a couple of bites I gave up holding it and used a knife and fork to finish it off. Also, the sauce makes your hands very sticky. I guess I would just prefer a sandwich that you can hold on to.

With two iced teas, tax, and tip the bill was $42.

• Visited May 2011
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Betty's is very reasonably priced, with good food. Locals seem to eat there which is a good sign, you can sit outside and watch the sunset as you eat your dinner. It also has the best maitai I've tasted! Another plus is from Betty's you can watch the Lauau taking place in the VERY expensive restaurant next door.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Sallyellen
El Dorado Hills, Ca
“Great breakfast, great view!”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Dropped in at Betty's this morning for breakfast. Frankly we were surprised that the place wasn't more crowded. Considering how great the food was, they should be packed. They are miles beyond a lot of the tourist traps further up Front Street.
I had a "Messy Betty". Let me tell you, for a mess, it was great. Potatoes, onions, peppers, eggs covered in a really good salsa. Solid A performance. The better half had the Ahi Benedict and raved about it. Ahi was seasoned and grilled and he said the poached eggs were about perfect. Blood Mary's at 10 bucks a piece kind of roll into what to expect on Maui. They were very good by the way. Our server was top notch. As was the view.

• Visited May 2011
Maui, Hawaii
“Overpriced non-alcoholic drink and it wasn't worth it”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

This place took over from Hecock's, an old local dive which I usually avoided due to the alcohol-soaked elderly decrepit men (and a few women) who frequented it. New place has a nice decor. View is right out onto "Lahaina Roads" which is where they park the cruise ships. At night, don't expect to talk much over the sounds from the Feast at Lele's production.

As a local, we are used to prices which are a notch higher than other places on the Mainland. We ate lunch there - fish and chips and a mahi quesadilla - with an iced tea and a "raspberry lime-ade". Fish was fresh, well cooked - all good with the food.

When the bill came, we saw NINE dollars - you read right - 9$ for the raspberry lime-ade. No raspberry coloring - barely any lime taste. We questioned if the price was right, it was. Absolutely no alcohol in the beverage. What a rip off! The iced tea was 3$ - and tasted like reconstituted powdery stuff. We had to ask for a tea refill and a glass of water. Not particularly attentive staff at 3pm.

Go there, but ask for the drink prices before ordering ANYthing.

• Visited February 2011