“Great ice cream!”

Ranked #4 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Lahaina
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: At Ono Gelato, we combine the fresh flavors of Hawaii with the traditions of Italy, to produce a gelato that is all natural, organic if possible, local, sustainable and ono (delicious).We also offer a full espresso bar with an amazing ocean view deck. We have many Made on Maui gifts that are unique and exclusive to our store. Support Local.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Allowed us to sample each flavor without charge. Their favors are delicious. We enjoyed their ice cream and service so much that we stopped there a couple of times on our vacation!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Had the pistachio flavor, tasted like real pistachio. My wife liked all the flavors she sampled too. Pretty good stuff overall.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

So yes the gelato is delicious. tons of flavors to choose from. always happy, friendly staff. I usually come in on a break from work for a latte and a croissant. The coffee is always good, and I love the macadamia nut flavored sugar they supply from the maui culinary academy. I buy to have at home now too. And I am not sure if they make them them selves but the croissants are stuffed with cheese and things. I always get them heated up,but they taste good cold too. I like the spinach feta croissant, and the brie cheese ones. BUT..... my favorite thing is the lanai on the beach. be sure to sit amd enjoy your coffee or gelato on the back patio!!! best chill spot EVER!!! very relaxing to watch the ocean waves as you lick or drink yourself into a relaxed state o mind! Thanks to all the girls behind the counter who take care o me all the time. very sweet and lovely crew.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The gelato is amazing, it is creamy, dense, fulfilling, and creamy. I had the strawberry cheesecake and sample plenty more. That was the good part.
The bad part was coming in on Wednesday night around 10ish. I was greeted by a young woman who from what I could tell didn't want to be there, she was constantly complaining about it wanting it to be 11 already. She was didn't want to help at all, she passed me off to her co worker, almost immediately and went back to what she was doing. She was also talking badly about other customers within earshot of them, she just didnt seem to care. She also had a tone and was condescending to customers. The co worker was very polite and answered my questions and was happy to be there.
I understand everyone has there bad days but she was a bit over dramatic and talking poorly of customers doesn't vibe well with me.

Melissa M, General Manager at Ono Gelato Company Lahaina, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. Being a small family business, your review means so much to us. We are very glad you enjoyed our Gelato, there is great deal of work that goes into it. However, I am so ashamed you had a bad experience with one of our employees. It must be hard to believe that we make customer service our priority when training, but trust me we do. We do not allow this kind of service to continue. I sincerely apologize and encourage you to return and give us another try (on the house, of course). This time, good customer service guaranteed!
Mahalo

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We've been coming to Maui for many years and have been enjoying the quaint shops in Lahaina. We've been to Italy and tasted the best gelatos ever; which we're still craving till now!!! While in Lahaina this week, we stopped by at this gelato shop. I ordered the Sandy Beach, and it's really good, with peanut butter and some nuts. I also tried the Lilikoi and it was really tasty; it was sour with crispy toasted seeds!! The lady was kind of generous with the scoops too, she even asked if we wanted to taste the other flavors for free. My husband likes their chocolate flavors with nuts. There are benches at the back, where one can sit and enjoy the ocean view and sunsets in lovely Lahaina!

The gelatos in this shop are so far the best in Maui!!! We just think, that it should have the, "Stracetella" flavor; just like what they sell in the Gelato shops in Italy! Oh well, that's just our personal opinion!