“By Far my Most Favourite Snorkel Trip”

Hawaii Ocean Rafting
More attraction details
Owner description: Snorkeling and Whale Watching tours. Climb aboard our HI Tech Ocean Rafts and spend the day snorkeling the crystal clear waters surrounding the island of Lana’i. We encounter the Spinner Dolphins quite often on our excursions. We’ll spend time interacting with them as they frolic in the water. Continental breakfast, snack and cold drinks will be served throughout the day. Snorkel gear provided. This trip will be the highlight of your vacation. Departs daily from slip 8 Lahaina Harbor. Whale Watching tours from December through April from Maui Hawaii.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Dec. 30th - Thought I would give this trip a chance when I just happened to walk by Boss Frogs and saw the brochure. When we arrived they checked us in promptly and Tom was very friendly and kept my girls smiling. Tom and Sami were our crew and were excellent with getting us going and immediately tracked down a giant pod of the most entertaining spinner dolphins, which was my main goal of this trip, they were very concerned as we could not go to the regular spot that they frequent due to bad weather and waves, but they sure did an amazing job coming up with alternative plans and finding not only that pod of dolphins but mommy and baby whales, bottlenose dolphins and an awesome snorkelling spot which I seen the biggest green sea turtle to date. My father was having some problems in the water and Sami immediately took care of him and I really appreciated the fact they were very good on water safety and Sami was extremely knowledgeable, and would not let us snorkel in muddy water with all the recent shark activity, we truly felt we were in very capable hands. I have to add this part in though, as a business owner I think I do scrutinize things a bit more on the employee side, and I have to say that both of them treated their jobs as they owned the business themselves and Sami was so personable with everyone. Job well done guys, best trip ever!!!!!!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Earlier this week (on December 24th, 2013), we had the pleasure of travelling on the Great White, in the skilled hands of Captain Tom & Sean, from Lahaina to the Lanai. EVERY part of this adventure (and it really was an adventure!) was incredible... On the way over to Lanai we were "mugged" by humpback whales, and encountered THREE types of dolphins (bottlenose, spotted & spinners in the HUNDREDS)... And that was before we even arrived at our destination: the pristine & crystal snorkelling bays of Lanai. The snorkelling was of the "blow your mind" variety, as we swam with turtles and ribbons of rainbow fish... I think we are still processing how incredible the whole experience was for us. HUGE shout-out to Tom & Sean, who are truly AWESOME guys: skilled, hilarious, charming and so informative!! One of my kids is apprehensive in the water, and Tom & Sean really took the time to make him feel comfortable and relaxed, so he could fully enjoy the experience. One of the best days of my life, for sure.

1  Thank Nancy O
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stopped at a kiosk looking for ideas and pricing for attractions. I have always wanted to visit Molakini. After discussing pricing with the sales guy and fending off his repeated queries into getting me to get a FREE breakfast and "Time Share" presentation I got some good information. He told me that Molakini is visited by a lot of people each day and perhaps I didnt want to contribute to the degradation of the attraction.

I have never been one for the down trodden path and would welcome a more hands on and close in day trip. Well I got one.

Sean and Tom, I'm sorry, Tom and Sean ( Captain comes first ) took us out for a multi stop visit to Lanaii. Sean swims like a seal at the aquarium. Watching him swim through my face mask reminded me of looking through the glass at the aquarium where the seals swim effortlessly through the water.

We were lucky. We were surrounded by a large amount of dolphin. They were so close that when I was swimming I could look into their eyes and see them looking back. My daughter got bonked in the face mask by a turtle. A really big turtle. She still talks about it with a smile.

Tom steers the boat real nice.

When I think back about my trip to Maui with my daughter I keep seeing Sean and Tom smiling. You made our trip very memorable. We swam at a lot of nice beaches and met a lot of nice people. I can not tell you guys how much I appreciate you sharing your expertise and knowledge of the best little places to swim and snorkel.

Sean gave us a good recommendation on a good Sushi bar in our area. Tom drives the boat real nice.

The boat rides real nice, thanks to Tom, holds up to 10 passengers. You get a real intimate tour and enjoyable visit with the crew. Sean has some neat stories about his time in the service, boat engines an horses. My daughter rides horses and was impressed with his knowledge of the animal. Tom drives the boat real nice.

The other passengers were some nice folks and are sending me a video of my daughter getting bonked by a turtle.

My writing above where I say that Tom drove the boat real nice is just to mess with him. He is an experienced Captain and a real nice gentleman.

Tom and Sean. I know you are reading this. Thank you so much for a great day. I can still see your smiles in my memories of our time together.

Rich and Ciarli

2  Thank Richard H
Reviewed November 28, 2013

It was my first time snorkeling. I almost drowned. Captain Tom turned an almost nightmarish first experience into a memorable snorkeling session. I did my second day of snorkeling today with ease. Thanks to Captain Tom. The dolphins we saw off Lana'i were in the hundreds! Unbelievable!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were extremely lucky and got a private tour with Sean and Tommy on the last day of our trip. It was absolutely incredible! They were both so friendly and knowledgeable and made us feel really comfortable. We snorkeled with sea turtles and saw so many beautiful fish. We were able to see Bottlenose dolphins which was definitely a highlight. It was great that they provided breakfast and snacks so we didn't have to worry about packing any food. Hands down the best day of our trip! Definitely recommend this to anyone interested in snorkeling. We will be back!