“Best day in Maui”

Hawaii Ocean Rafting
More attraction details
Owner description: Snorkeling and Whale Watching tours. Climb aboard our HI Tech Ocean Rafts and spend the day snorkeling the crystal clear waters surrounding the island of Lana’i. We encounter the Spinner Dolphins quite often on our excursions. We’ll spend time interacting with them as they frolic in the water. Continental breakfast, snack and cold drinks will be served throughout the day. Snorkel gear provided. This trip will be the highlight of your vacation. Departs daily from slip 8 Lahaina Harbor. Whale Watching tours from December through April from Maui Hawaii.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our family went on a day trip with Hawaii Ocean Rafting this past week on our first visit to Hawaii. I have said quite a few times that day was 'the best day ever!'. Having a smaller boat, rather than some of the bigger boats we saw, made it so personal. We all (myself, my husband, 13 year old daughter and 16 year old son)felt like it was going out to snorkel on a friends boat. The captain and the guide talked to all on board, personally, not just some rehearsed small talk. They took time to explain all the details we would need to know, being 1st time snorkel ears. The world that they opened our eyes to under the water was AMAZING! We swam along side turtles, many beautiful fish and we even saw a bunch of dolphins, at least 3 separate groups. Our Captain stopped and we just idled as we all watched in amazement as to what we were witnessing. We were given information about parts of the island, the traditions and the history behind the areas we went by. Both the captain and the guide were so informative, gracious and personal. I would highly recommend this tour to everybody!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I can not say enough about how wonderful this excursion was! Leanna and Sean are pros. They communicate with other boats to know exactly where the best spots are that day.
Besides the beautiful fish we saw, we ended up with hundreds of dolphin swimming with our boat. An amazing experience. Plus, there were only 8 of us on the raft so you were never crowded in the water.
If you don't have an underwater camera, listen to Eric and rent theirs for $30. He puts everything on a disc when you're done. Not only do we have underwater pics, but we have a video of the dolphins swimming with us.
They are truly 5 star worthy!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Don't visit maui without snorkeling in Lanai. This is our second trip here. We did the local trips last time, molikini and honomanu bay, and there is no comparison.

1  Thank Jay S
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I went on the half day snorkel cruise on our honeymoon and it was absolutely amazing! Leigh Ann and Shawn were vere a lot of fun and obviously very knowledgeable about the surroudings and various fish and other marine life. They took us to two very cool snorkel sites near the island of Lanai. We saw tons of dolphins that were so close to me I thought my foot was going to touch them from the side of the raft. We snorkeled with sea turtles and even saw a humpback whale. This was a very cool experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone travelling to maui. There were a few other couples but also a family with two young children who also had a blast so appropriate for all ages! Many thanks to Mark, Leigh Ann and Shawn!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a great time on the half daytrip to Lanai. Capt. Tom and Sean made the trip totally fun for everyone on board. This is a small craft so everyone gets individual attention . No need to have any experience. I've tried the larger operations and this is much nicer! We were among spinner dolphin pods, saw eels , turtles, and lots of colorful fish. They work hard to get to the best spots and ahead of the crowds. You will enjoy time spent