“Wonderful return sail” 5 of 5 bubbles

Saratoga, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful return sail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Many years ago, we had such a wonderful experience with this company when they still sailed the Kapalua Kai, that when we looked for a sunset whale watch cruise on our visit this time, we looked no further than Hula Girl Excursions. We were not disappointed on this whale watch sunset cruise (2 hour sail) that left Kaanapaali around 4 pm and returned around 6. Our party ranged in age from 5 (my son) to 67 (my parents) and we all had a wonderful time. The highlight of our sail was seeing a baby calf that was under a week old, who still needed to be nudged out of the water by its mother to breathe. The food was very good and quite reasonably priced, and though I was originally skeptical of spending $60+ for a child for the sail, my son loved the sail so much that I thought the price worthwhile in the end. We spent most of the trip parked on the comfortable trampoline beds.

The catamaran is immaculately kept (my husband commented that the head in the catamaran was more spacious and cleaner than many restrooms he has seen on land), and the crew was professional and informative (Destiny was super sweet and friendly).

We lucked out with the calm weather -- it was like sailing on a lake. Even with 3 people who normally get seasick, we had no issues on this sail.

Look no further if you are interested in a luxury sail -- Hula Girl is top of the line.

Visited February 2014

Park City, Utah
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Sunset Whale Watching at its finest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was our second trip on the Hula Girl and it surely goes on the must do list! This is an immaculate, beautiful catamaran with the friendliest, most skilled crew! Leaving Kaalapali Beach about 4 pm we motored around Lahaina Bay for 2.5 hrs...it would have been enough just to do that but add the fine skills of the Captain keeping us in view of amazing whale activity, the amazing and tasty apps and drinks served up from the galley...the only ship in the bay with such an offering I think...and the complete sense of comfort and safety experienced and you've got one of the best activities to enjoy on Maui. We love the Hula Girl and you will too!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank doro2608
Calgary
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Dinner whale watch wonderful trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We went on the deluxe dinner whale watch. The catamaran is a beautiful boat. Very luxurious and well run. They don't load the boat with too many people so it is very comfortable and spacious. The price does not include any food or drinks. There are chefs on board who prepare food to order. We had a couple of appetizers and the fresh fish special which were all excellent. The prices are very reasonable as well. The crew was very professional and helpful. I would highly red come d this trip to anyone who is willing to pay a bit more for an very high class boat with wonderful food.

McConnells, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hula Girl Sunset Dinner Cruise”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

When I called to check departure time and return time, I was informed they left the beach at 3:30 pm and returned at 6:00 pm. I told them that sunset was supposed to be between 6:15 and 6:30 in February 2014. They told me that they return before dark not after sunset. You can watch the sunset from the beach where they depart and return for free. Save your money look for another "sunset cruise" that is real. I did not take this cruise.

1 Thank Jessie420113
irpw, Owner at Hula Girl Excursions, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for your feed back. I apologize that our reservation service misinformed you in regards to our evening events. We make a point of watching the sun set on the water before returning our catamaran to the beach to unload. Return times vary with the actual sun setting, and are approximate throughout the year. We hope you will reconsider and try us again next time you are visiting Maui.

Warmest Regards,

Inca Robbin - Owner Hula Girl Sailing Charters
vancouver
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Indulge Yourself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Wow, what an amazing boat. We are just back from our Maui vacation and we are a family of four with two small children. We went on a snorkeling tour and we just loved the boat. A couple of years ago we did a tour on another boat and we did like it at the time but now when I compare it to Hula Girl it doesn't come close. This is truly a luxury boat and they didn't pack us in like sardines. They just take about 40 people and there is plenty of room on the boat to move around or sit anywhere you want. The dishes that were coming out of that kitchen were amazing. We eat all the time in high end restaurants and this is totally comparable, just you are not paying $50.00 a dish you are paying $10.00-$15.00 dollars and the food was amazing. My family loved it. The other thing I liked was that they had enough sitting areas and tables to accommodate everyone where on my previous excursion people were eating everywhere. The staff was really knowledgeable and the safety precautions were taken very seriously. They really served us well for lunch and always asking if we needed anything else so you really feel taken care of. They had a lot of snorkeling gear and other equipment like floaties, boogie boards etc. They even had snorkel equipment for my 3 year old, I didn't even know they make it in such a small size. My daughter loved it and after that cruise I rented her own gear and she was snorkeling every day which was really amazing. The bottom line is - if I am on Maui and I want to do any boat tour it has to be with Hula Girl. Once you experience it nothing else comes close.