“Great customer service and knowledge of the island!”

Hula Girl Excursions
Ranked #24 of 134 Tours in Lahaina
“Great customer service and knowledge of the island!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family and I went out on a scuba diving trip this week and it was incredible! Very beautiful scenery and all of the crew was great. Our scuba instructor was matt, he did a fantastic job making everyone feel safe about going out diving for their first time. I learned a lot about the island talking with him, he definitely made the trip!!! The food was also incredible, the fish I ordered for lunch was the best I've ever had

Los Angeles, California, Usa
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Had an amazing time. The catamaran was impeccable. The staff was super friendly and helpful from beginning to end. Great food. Great snorkeling - I swam with a turtle!

Los Altos, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Hula Girl can take your reservation - they just don't honor 'em...the norm”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Read the reviews - sounded great - boat looked beautiful - so I booked a sunset cruise 3 days in advance....the rest of my experience however was more like the Seinfeld episode of Jerry trying to rent a car at the airport "you know how to take the reservation you just don't know how to keep the reservation" or in this case honor it - Hula Girl calls me @ around 3pm day of trip (was a 5pm sail) stating "there's been a mutiny - no one wants to sail today due to rough seas " complete bs as was very calm - then the story evolved from there - basically they had some cancellations and decided - 'screw our remaining customers they're not worth it'....be prepared for Hula Girl to cancel ride based on capacity with little to no notice - as this according to our hotel concierge happens more times than noted - they're the only boat cruise company that routinely does this.

There was no availability at other cruise companies yesterday - our last night on island and our 10 year anniversary - sweet huh.

I spoke with the owner - but you know what - no excuses which is all I heard coming out of her mouth.

Highly suggest planning your sail with another local company - one that puts the customer first.

4 Thank J J L
New Orleans, LA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful boat, excellent service!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family (kids 17, 14, 11 & 9) recently enjoyed a wonderful day on the Hula Girl. The boat departed from the Whaler's Village which was very convenient to our West Maui condo. We enjoyed the excellent personalized attention from Patrick, Oria, Matt and Heide. They answered our multitude of questions about the boat, the ocean, the sea life, etc. My kids loved the ride and enjoyed the reef even more. We snorkeled and dove and came back to the boat very hungry. Lunch, cooked to order, was really tasty-probably the best meal we had on the island and relatively inexpensive for Maui. On the way back to Lahaina, my husband and three kids fell asleep on the trampoline! It is one of our fondest memories of our two weeks in HI.

Visited May 2013
El Dorado Hills, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Scuba Experience”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hula Girl was the perfect trip for a scuba introduction. It was a wonderful experience for our whole family. Patrick did a great job making us very comfortable and my 2 sons,16 and 12, thought it was a fantastic day. The food was great, the boat was immaculate amd luxurious and the crew were all super friendly. If you are staying in Kaanapali this trip is a must. The boat picks you up right at the beach. No driving to Buzz' Wharf.

1 Thank 487lisae