“Great relaxing fun on a well run boat”

Hula Girl Excursions
Ranked #18 of 136 Tours in Lahaina
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a fantastic day on the Hula Girl with its very attentive and competent staff. The boat is magnificent with every convenience you can imagine. We saw whales up close, snorkeled and scuba dived in the warm clear water. Then we had a scrumptious lunch straight after getting out of the water. Most of their rental equipment is in good shape. Would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I can't say enough wonderful things about this excursion. I first saw The Hula Girl when it was anchored out at Honolua Bay for a snorkel last year. It was the last day of our trip so I was not able to go out with them, but vowed to do it this year. So the appointed day and time came and The Hula Girl picked us up at Kaanapali Beach, right in front of Lelani's Restaurant, as planned. The Hula Girl is a beautiful sailing catamaran/yacht. Everything about the boat is top of the line and state of the art. The crew was friendly and filled us in on all the safety precautions. Because it was a stormy day, and due to the winds and rains they were experiencing at Honolua Bay, the crew was not able to safely take us to that spot. I was so disappointed, but that was not any fault of the crew, it was simply the weather that day. So the Hula Girl headed out to Olowalu, the turtle cleaning station, instead. The seas were very choppy that day but we still enjoyed our sail very much. We saw a lot of whales. We rested in the sunshine and listened to the good music and talked to the awesome crew. We made our way to Olowalu and snorkeled for quite some time. It was a bit difficult to snorkel that day due to the very choppy waters but we were able to get some snorkeling in. Then back to the boat for lunch. Oh my goodness, what a lunch! Their chef is awesome, the food was FABULOUS! I had the beef terriyaki bowl and my friend had some sort of pasta dish. The crew was really great and made their way around several times asking if they could get us anything. I loved every minute of the five-hour cruise and can not wait to do it again the next time I visit Maui. I hope to catch The Hula Girl on a better weather day and make it to Honolua Bay Marine Sanctuary. If you are looking for a great snorkel trip on a first class beautiful boat with a first class awesome crew, then the Hula Girl is definately for you! Five Stars in every way! Just go, you will be glad you did! Awesome!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Loved the Hula Girl! What a beautiful boat. Really large, great layout and super clean. We sat up front and also got to lay on comfy cushions on Boody Mary's after our snorkel. We want to Honalea Bay where we had a great snorkel. saw SOOOO many fish. They also have a full galley where they cook to order your lunch if you want. Food was good not great. Trip was great though - great boat, great crew, great snorkeling. Fun getting picked up and dropped off right on Kanapalii beach. You will love this trip :)

1  Thank Lmeisner
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I recently went to Maui for my first time and wanted to try the sailing ships I saw coming up to the beach! I picked the Hula Girl because it was the best looking you know what they say about first impressions. The overall experince was great, the employees called to make sure we had all the details the night before, the morning of we made sure to be down to the beach early and had no problems what so ever!! Then a Gentlemen by the name of Matt came down did a roll call basicly and explained how to board the boat and he also said he was the person taking people out diving which i believe is a must do!!!!! Matt was super helpful, extremely curtious, and to say the least he was probably the most awesome crew men on the trip!!! He did a great job making sure everyone was safe and having a great time!! Even on the boat he never let my drink go dry!! When we reached the bay he got me and my family ready to dive and was nothing more then amazing( because I was new to diving i was very cautious)! Matt made me feel right at home with diving and have never seen such a variety of sea life ever! He had an underwater camera and was more then happy taking pictures of my family and me under water and even gave us copys when we asked! Needless to say Matt and the Hula girl single handly made my entire trip to Maui BETTER! After that dive I loved it so much I went on to get Certified! My family and me even took a second trip on the Hula Girl!!!! Which we recieved a frequent flyer discount if you will! All in all I can say with all the truth in the world I will definetly be booking all my boat trips with the hula girl and I cant wait to go diving agian with Matt!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Fantastic boat, awesome crew who looked after our every need, great food and drink. Capt Pete and his wife Inka (boat owners) are hands on and care for their customers. This $3M boat is perfectly outfitted for this cruise. My wife snorkeled and I did the dive and was absolutely amazed. Due to the weather up on Honolua Bay, the captain to us to the turtle cleaning reef at Olowalu, southeast of Lahaina. This 20-30' piece of paradise is an awesome dive/Snorkle reef. It is a turtle cleaning station and if you move slowly, the turtles will get right up in your face for a very personal and amazing experience. Back on the boat, the food is wonderful. The crew gets your selection before diving and its ready when you return to the boat. We drank and sailed back to Ka'anapali and had a wonderful day. We will return and book on the Hula Girl again. It was a fantastic day!

1  Thank SlotF16